Which MFT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy a MFT but am unsure which direction to go, they all seem to offer the appropriate test functions so your experience of the different makes would be appreciated

Megger, Robin/Fluke or Alphatek?

all comments appreciated

Thanks Ade

Sponsored Links
Popular one to debate this - bit like is it Ford or Vauxhall; BMW or Audi. For me it's Megger - virtually idiot proof if you're having a bad day. May get some 1552's a bit cheaper now the 1553 is on the market - but don't hold your breath.

I asked the same question a few weeks back and the consensus was a choice between the Megger 1552/3 or and Fluke 1652/3

I went for the Megger 1552. Great piece of kit!

(btw, the Fluke is also a great piece of kit, i just found the Megger more user friendly)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, Its a big investment so I want to be sure that I am not buying a turkey. I do like the look and feel of the meggers, I just now need to weed through the different versions, is there a comparison web site anywhere?

Thanks again forthe replies, this is a very friendly and helpful forum

Ade

Don't know about Fluke, but Megger's customer service is excelent. Sent my faulty 2 year old 1502 in for repair just before xmas (22nd) and got it back on 17th Jan fully refurbed, calibrated, new leads and a new high impact case. No charge as it was still under the 3 year standard warranty! Only thing I had to pay for was the postage to them. Not bad seeing as I blew it up!

I can only praise Meggers customer service too.
My only concern is what would a dentist be doing with a Megger :eek:

another megger fan here.....

when mine bust(1502) a megger area rep delivered me a megger 1552 next day and let me borrow it for free while mine was repaired. not a bad service!

Agree Megger service is good. I think the only improvement of the 1552 over the older 1502 it that the 1552 does auto testing of RCD's all you do is to stand or sit by the RCD and reset it every time it trips. Worth paying a few extra quid for. The 1553 will download via Bluetooth to your PDA but as a relatively new bit of kit you always pay for the latest "toys" - it's around another £400 just for that. I'd stick with Megger and the previously supplied link is one of the cheapest but Google is your friend.

where is the best place to buy a mft1552, it seems different places have very different proces. RS is very expensive, while isswww.co.uk is cheap, but is it good calibrated stuff and does it also have 3 year warranty|?

krish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back