Flying cooker leads - cable lengths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My existing Hob & oven are connected via 2 flying 4 mm cables to a cooker connection outlet. I wish to move the hob (both hob & ovens new positions are within 2 m of isolator switch). The question is - what a reasonable max length for the flying leads. I want to be able to fix one of them on to plaster underneath the kitchen units- an over all length of 4 mtrs. I dont want to add wire into the plaster a a new connection outlet unless there is reasonable need - any comments ? thanks

Sponsored Links
Both oven and hob need to be within 2m of the isolator, to meet regs. The cables themselves can be as long as you like, as long as the isolation reg is met.

I dont want to add wire into the plaster a a new connection outlet unless there is reasonable need
??? elaborate.

Thanks,

I could have wired a cable from the isolator to a 2nd outlet (next to the hob) & plastered over the cable. The end result just reduces the length of cable from the outlet to the hob - It doesnt affect the dist of isolator to the hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back