Found this under wallpaper - advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently living in a rented property and had permission from the landlord to paint. Having removed some of the wallpaper, we have found what I would guess is mold? Please see attached photo.

I have let the landlord know but have not heard back from him yet. I am slightly worried as since moving into this property I have had to take allergy tablets everyday. I'm not sure if I should clean this off myself? or where to even start.... it does not smell good and my housemate touched it yesterday and had black fingers.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Rosie

Attachments

• IMG_5896.JPG
    IMG_5896.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5894.JPG
    IMG_5894.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Rather difficult to see Rosie but mould spores are often black. A sponge with kitchen spray bleach gets rid of them pronto.
John :)

Thanks for your response John, I appreciate it. I have attached another photo, sorry they aren't very clear. I am just a bit hesitate to do anything yet as I do not want to make this worse :(

Does that area feel or smell damp, do you think?
Either way, I'd let the landlord see before you go any further. Is that area near to a window or outside wall or whatever, that could be causing the damp?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Just wipe it with a rag wet with diluted bleach .......sorted.

Don't worry about it and stop the allergy tablets !!!!

Doubt you would have a serious allergy from that. You probably have a lot more in other places around the property. Have a really good look around.

Sponsored Links
Back