Four Double Sockets on a 10A Radial.

Yes I'm not sure whether the OP has made things worse by running the cable in conduit.
I find the regs all rather confusing. 2.5mm² cable 'totally buried in insulation' (Method 103) has a CCC of only 13.5A - which is the figure the OP feels he has to use. However, with Method A (described simply as "enclosed in conduit in an insulated wall"), the CCC would be 20A (per Table 4D5). However, as I've said, one wonder whether Method A is actually intended to encompass all situations of 'cable in conduit in an insulated wall' since the diagram for Method No. 2 (which is Reference Method A) in Table 4A2 shows the conduit in contact with the inner leaf of the wall (although the description does not specify it as a requirement) ... so I just don't know for sure!
or ... whether electricians don't work to the letter of the requirements when insulation is involved,
Indeed. As I've said, I strongly suspect that some aspects of de-rating are often 'overlooked', deliberately or otherwise. If that were not the case, then I strongly suspect that 2.5mm² cable would not be regarded as big enough for many a ring or radial final!
... buts its a sad day when you can't have some sockets on a 16A MCB with 2.5mm cable
Quite so - and I'm very tempted to say "unnecessarily sad".

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back