freestanding bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im about to install a freestanding bath.

Does the waste have to be fitted to flow under the floorboards or will their be sufficient room to fit a shallow P trap ??

Sponsored Links
Use a Hep v o waste valve and it will kill 2 birds with one stone ;) 1.it will work under virtually all circumstances........2 it will wind up certain members of this forum , each time I mention it maybe up to three of them ;)

Great Hep Vo but about 12 - 14 quid where as a shallow 1 1/2 bath trap which will fit under your roll top is about 2.50 up to you though now you know 2 ways :D

Sponsored Links
Shallow trap, not 4 connection 2 soil pipe ..... ;)

Nige F said:
Shallow trap, not 4 connection 2 soil pipe ..... ;)

I would fit a chrome trap to the bath, and an HepV0 inline to stop the smells.

Nige F,

Is it a Building Reg that you cannot connect a shallow trap to soil or your good advice to prevent induced siphonage?

Could be B.Regs :oops: but it`s part of the Single Stack arrangement.(not the greatest @ studying regs etc. :LOL: )Induced syphonage ....from a plug of water going too fast....will still pull a deepseal trap, but with a bath syphonage risk is reduced because the bath drains slowly @ the end and effectively refills the trap

The waste will go into a hopper so a shallow p would do.

I just dont want to be running the waste under any floorboards.

But if a shallow p will fit I may go for that. thanks for the info.

Tony.

Nige - F

Induced siphonage is trap seal loss caused by another appliance 'sucking' the water from another appliance's trap.

what you are talking about is self siphonage,

Just thought i'd say.

cheers.

I am about to install a new shower in an existing bathroom. I have a cast iron soil stack and was not relishing the prospect of either having to boss onto that or replace the whole thing with plastic. However, I stumbled upon this post which might solve my dilemma.

Is it possible to run the shower waste into a hopper? There is a old gully for the kitchen water drainage pretty much underneath the bathroom, and running the shower waste into a hopper above that would be soooooo much easier.

My understanding was that open hoppers for waste water were no longer allowed but this post seems to suggest otherwise. Maybe the rule only applies to foul water which by the strict definition, shower waste is not.

Can anyone tidy up this grey area in the rules for me.

Installing a plastic hopper and downpipe = :D
Making holes in cast iron = :(

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back