French Constitution Vote

J

JulieL

Well, it's all happening on Sunday in France.

Come on lads, whats your thoughts - there hasn't been a nice juicy debate/arguement for ages!!!!

Kendor, Damocles and Dave I'm relying on you for some controversial comments ;) ;) :)!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4587619.stm

Heres something from bbc news to get you going!!!!!!.............. ;)

Sponsored Links
You voted T Bliar in next vote for the pound

God save Europe from the Dictator

Please :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to disappoint! I am none of the above, but my way of thinking (mis-guided or not) is this:

I feel that if we are, as countries, to trade with each other, we need a level playing field. We need similar rules, regulations, standards etc.....

I would even go so far as to say we should have the euro. Why are we nostalgically hanging on to dear old Queenies notes? Let's use the same currency FFS!!

All this Tory nonsense and hoo-ha about Europe taking us over and making us powerless and the creation of a federal state instead of the intended common market - it's all poppycock, I tell you!!

I don't know what people are frightened of.

That do for starters? Please form an orderly queue at the gallows...

Sponsored Links
No probs there securesparks

Perhaps you like to be dominated

psssssst you don't wear leathers

To take your (Simon's)points in order.

I bought a new lawnmower today, made in China. We do not have the same rules, regulations or standards as them and yet trade with them. What's the difference?

What benefit would the Euro be when dealing with countries outside the Euro-zone?

Why is it Tory nonsense? it was Ted Heath that took us in there in the first place! We already have a common market without the need for more regulation. This is federalism, furthermore you can't afford to change your mind afterwards, either. You have to except the diktat of unelected people whether you like it or not.

Ignorance is bliss springs to mind, if you don't know what people are frightened of you need to read more.

Simon, you know full well that the British and the majority of European people, never voted for what we are getting now. In truth we voted for the trading group or the "common market" you mentioned. There was no mention of anything else. We were duped by lying empire building politicians. Our signed WTO agreements make the whole EU experiment superfluous. We don't need to be in the EU to trade in the EU. If they tried to stop us they would be breaking international agreements.

In reality the EU is all about some mad cap notion of Europe being more powerful than the US. This is dangerous and may eventually be our downfall. Anybody who believes the US would lie down and do what the EU says, is at best naive or more likely stupid or telling lies.

JulieL said:
Kendor, Damocles and Dave I'm relying on you for some controversial comments ;) ;) :)!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4587619.stm

Heres something from bbc news to get you going!!!!!!.............. ;)
Still got politicititis from all the general election fever so taking a break from the political posts.
but to get it kicked off here goes, UP THE EU! we're better in than out!Seriously though, there are now inroads being made by labour to safeguard things such as rebates and also to redress concerns by the sceptics so at least they are trying.

My fear is that at some point there will be a levelling .. note it has been mentioned that it is seen as unfair that some not so wealthy countries do not have the favourable conditions Britain enjoys ... ref. the rebate.
So, if fully integrated it strikes me that rather than bring others up to our dubious standards, twill be the other way around .. not for everyone, but I am guessing for the majority .. ok it may all come good in 50 yrs ..
Life is too short....

:D :D :D

pipme said:
My fear is that at some point there will be a levelling .. note it has been mentioned that it is seen as unfair that some not so wealthy countries do not have the favourable conditions Britain enjoys ... ref. the rebate.
So, if fully integrated it strikes me that rather than bring others up to our dubious standards, twill be the other way around .. not for everyone, but I am guessing for the majority .. ok it may all come good in 50 yrs ..
Life is too short....

:D :D :D
certainly for our generation ;) systems of such magnitude could take many generations to come to fruition and in the meantime will seem unfair to some.

And the whole world may have significantly changed by then .. I'll bet the monolith will always struggle to keep up, in the meantime the UK artisan will feel the cold wind of change breezing through his wallet ... cheap labour, all businesses seek this, through Europe they shall find..
We investors do not really mind, cheap labour equals bigger profits ..
:D :D

pipme said:
And the whole world may have significantly changed by then .. I'll bet the monolith will always struggle to keep up, in the meantime the UK artisan will feel the cold wind of change breezing through his wallet ... cheap labour, all businesses seek this, through Europe they shall find..
We investors do not really mind, cheap labour equals bigger profits ..
:D :D
Such a mercantile Pip! ;)

I fought my corner for a great number of years within union type situations.. Greed and misplaced loyalty to a crazy unsustainable cause prevailed, strategies were shortsighted and jobs were lost ...
Life is really short, I now rely more on investment for survival, so I am trying to move on and change, more or less, with the times. ..
;)

david and julie said:
In truth we voted for the trading group or the "common market" you mentioned. There was no mention of anything else.

Yep, I agree. EU (I still prefer the 'old' name: EEG, where the second E stands for Economical) has still a long way to go to make this common market work economically, before we can even think about taking the EU further as decision 'maker' on normal rules and regulations.
The Euro was supposed to make the EU a strong market place, able to compete mondial, that hasn't happened yet.

Why not put all the EU efforts into that, instead of wasting our money on constitutional yes or no campaigns.

Just my 2p worths.

And why isn't anybody interested in the next vote on this: 1st of June the Dutch will take the 'vote'. They were one of the founding members (BeNeLux was there before EEG), but being small (in country seize ;) does seem to mean the 'big brothers' are ignoring this fact (and I consider UK news broadcasters Big brothers ;)

david and julie said:
Ignorance is bliss springs to mind, if you don't know what people are frightened of you need to read more.
I think this is the problem, most of us do not know how damaging to our pound and country if the UK join euroland.

Simon, I was like you until I've read "England our England". Blair tried to ban this book because he doesn't want us to know about it. For more info see here

Sponsored Links
Back