French (OLD)copper water pipe repair....help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a bit of water pipe repair in (OLD) house in france - have had to cut out old 12mm section of pipe - CAN I GET MATCHING PIPE TO CONNECT TO IT - NO!!!!!

Can anyone suggest....got a 10inch gap (from section I've cut out) and was hoping to have fitted a 'push-fit' plastic pipe, using 12mm connectors/pipe. I can only get 10mm or 13mm! Can't seem to locate a reducer for these sizes.

Just spotted (in Wickes) these self-soldered copper joints (which would be fine) but can't get THEM in 12mm either. I feel stuffed. Any suggestions please to this (non-professional but enthusiastic) DIY-er....?

Many thanks. Martin the-trying-not-to-bodge-too-mucher!

Sponsored Links
Hi Martin,

Use a section of 15mm pipe and then get a couple of these

Reducing Sets - DZR - 15 mm x 12 mm reducing set (Item no: 7937) from BES in Birmingham. www.bes.co.uk

Hope that helps,
Rob

12mm is a standard UK size, ANY plumbers merchants should have it in stock. try BSS or PTS

12 mm is a very useful size but I have never seen it in the UK.

I thought that in France they had 12,14 and 16 mm and that those sizes fitted nicely inside each other and could be soldered together?

Are you sure that you have checked all the bricolages?

There are always stories going around of the person who asked for 'preservative for wood' (preservatif = condom) rather than wood treatment (traitement).

A friend told the shopkeeper that he 'wanted a small tap'. The shopkeeper called the other staff over and asked him to repeat the question. 'Do you have a small tap' he repeated, to the hilarity of all. Of course he didn't know (and who would) that petite robinet (rather than petit robinet) is a schoolboy joke about having small private parts...

Tony

Sponsored Links
You can get 12mm copper in straight lengths or rolls.

Qualoil do a 12mm green plastic.

John Guest do a 12mm blue rigid nylon for air lines.

Hep or one of the plastics also do a 12mm plastic heating and potable water pipe.

You can also get 12mm steel threaded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back