fuse upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If a 30A fuse is fitted for mains supply how can it be upgraded to 60a or 100a do edf need to carry this out?

Sponsored Links
yes, your supplier will need to arrange to have it changed..
if it's only 30A then it's unlikely that the supply cable will be big enough to handle a 100A.. so that may need changing.

it's highly unusual to find a 30A main fuse in a house.. 60A is usually the smallest..

I know first time ive seen one it is 60a supply split load with 30a going next through the wall in steel conduit.

:eek:

Sponsored Links
I hope you are not doing any electrical work as you are an incompetant fool if your previous posting is anything to go by !

TO rcircle i believe you are a fool and incompetent your self so keep it shut.

Am I the one asking daft questions on here about sharing Neutrals and twisting conductors together............no I am not !

Having read your post about the extractor fan, I agree with ricicle.

You are a dangerous and incompetent idiot.

You are not an electrician, whatever piece of outdated paper you may have, and for you to be working as such is fraud.

All we can hope is that your irresponsibility gets you into deep enough trouble for Trading Standards to prosecute before the trouble gets so deep that you kill or injure someone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back