gable end therma block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help, we bought our house 7 years ago and recently had new windows fitted, during the process of fitting the windows some rendering was taken off the property to complete the process, during this process it was brought to our attention that the gable end of the house (end terrace cottage about 150 years old) was brick built with thermablock skin (i.e. the brick is the internal wall and the therma block has been rendered onto externally), this does not seem right to me.
the property is now up for sale and i am concerned that this will be an issue during the survey process, i plan to patch render and paint the house in the near future anyway but am i right to be concerned? this was never picked up on our original survey 7 years ago any advice is welcomed.

Sponsored Links
There's nothing wrong with it.

Must have been a blockhead who bought this to your attention

what do you mean about a blockhead bringing it to my attention? it was the joiner who fitted the windows.

The blockhead reference was a joke

Tell the joiner to stick to joinery. That's serious, not a joke

Sponsored Links
sorry i missed the joke, stress level is maxed out at the moment lol. so you beleive that this is not an issue and that any surveyer would not flag this to a mortgage provider?

No it's not an issue, and no surveyor will see it once you have rendered and painted it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back