Gamma 868mhz wireless home alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for an alarm system that will do my home and out building, has anyone got the gamma 868mhz wireless home alarm is it any good or is there better out there.

Sponsored Links
Looks cheap and tacky.... Probably no support for product either...look at enforcer or texecom ... Other brands available...

Look at the Galaxy G2 series panels + RF Portal + IP Comm's.

You can self monitor over IP with line check polling and there's always loads of Honeywell RF sensors and panels available cheap on Ebay. You'll get a robust install for the same or cheaper than nasty foreign imports.

I am looking for a wireless GSM alarm to cover my house and my out building that is 60m away, I need 6 pir 4 need to be pet friendly 2 key pads and an out door bell could someone point me in the right direction as buying an alarm is a mine field.

Sponsored Links
I only really deal with the Honeywell Galaxy range with 2-way RF. Never had any issues with them. If you want movement detection in an outhouse, then you need to go for wireless dual tec's which are normally more expensive. If you can stick to magnetic contacts for the outhouse, then it will certainly be cheaper.

If you want to go for GSM rather than selfmon IP, then it gets expensive with the decent panels. Think £200 for GSM modules for mainstream panels.

With the Honeywell Galaxy range, you add in one or more wireless portals to communicate with the wireless devices. If the panel is located at a point in the house which is further away from the outbuilding, then you can move the portal away from the panel (it still needs wired back to the same bus as the keypads).

The same (as above) probably holds true for the other decent UK panels - Texe, Risco, Etc. The Texecom range supports Mesh RF networks, so the RF devices can use other devices to get the best RF path back to the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back