Garage Roof Drainage Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Team,

I have moved into a house that has a prefab double garage built 15 meters away from the house. This garage has no gutters or drainage so the rainwater just runs off the roof and pours onto the garden either side. The ground here is now in a right mess.

Has anyone got any ideas for drainage? Could I install a soakaway, would this cope with rain water from such a large collection area? The soil is well-draining (sandy - as we live on the coast). Otherwise I can only think of installing a water butt that will need manually emptying....hmm, not so good. The house drains are about 20 metres away and that would be a huge job.....

Sponsored Links
hazey7 said:
Has anyone got any ideas for drainage? Could I install a soakaway, would this cope with rain water from such a large collection area?
Should do and even heavy down pour but will go down eventfully, might be an idea to run a gutter on both side and have 2 soakaway, bigger the soakaway the better, normally 1 cubic metre.

best way would to be put roof fillets on 3 sides then guttering on the open side, the roof shouldnt be dead level anyway and should already have fillets.

but assumming someone c*cked it up, buy a roll of torch on felt and enough roof fillets to raise 3 sides up and gutter the open side, you could also do part of the open side too.

ie anything that will direct the water into the desired direction.

personaly i think this is what happened here

someone has filled up the roof drain, check it dont slope to the centre and for any repairs done there, often whenthe guttering for the drain leakes people just bung the roof hole up becuase often the guttering is hid behind plasterboard on the roof, so instead of causing a big job of hunt the leak then just bung the hole up so nothing can get down.

This hole mostly in the middle of the roof, take a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back