Garden wall damaged by third party

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People keep on parking on the pavement by the road junction near our house. We have just noticed that our new wall has been damaged, by these vehicles (rubber scuff marks and cracking). The point of contact is on the corner of the wall. The vehicles are generally commercial in nature.

I have some idea but no direct proof of who has done this. Not sure how I can prove without the ability to add CCTV (which I don't believe you can have focused on public path area)?

Who should I report this to, am assuming Police but anyone else?

Any ideas what else I can do to sort this?

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you can view public areas with security cameras. If not, I might be in trouble :)
After all, every public space in Britain is covered by a camera these days.

If the camera is intended to identify vehicles or persons damaging your property then the field of view has to include the public space from which the vehicle or person uses to reach your property. It is sensible to put a sign saying CCTV in use.

Regulations can be read HERE

I have cameras looking at the edges of my thatched roof, neighbours whose house is in the field of view were made aware and gave permission.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back