Gas BAR B Q , different valves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to be 20 or 21 mm gas valves available depending on the gas bottle, maxigas, Calor etc, can either be fitted? Can’t find much info .

Sponsored Links
You have to buy the correct valve and regulator, to suit the gas bottle. All seem to deliberately use a different fitting, just to tie customers into their bottles. More modern caravans use a bulkhead mounted regulator, then an high pressure pipe to the bottle with an adaptor. So change supplier, you just change the adaptor on the end of the HP pipe to suit.

Calor use 21mm valves, FloG use 20mm ..... had exactly the same problem when the calor bottle ran out and had a full spare FloGas bottle. Had to buy the 20mm reg for the FloGas bottle but it's only £6 and easily changed.

Calor use 21mm valves, FloG use 20mm ..... had exactly the same problem when the calor bottle ran out and had a full spare FloGas bottle. Had to buy the 20mm reg for the FloGas bottle but it's only £6 and easily changed.

Lots of other ones such as BP Light and Gaz, even differing connections from the same maker.

Sponsored Links
Yes of course there's a thousand different connections gas valve/type dependent, though I presumed when the OP was talking about BBQ's then they're usually the pretty standard clip on butane/propane regs which are either 20mm or 21mm. The propane clip ons are all a standard 27mm I believe.

@foxhole , is it butane clip on cylinders you are talking about?

Yes, will have to get a 20mm for maxigas, currently have calor gas on a 21mm regulator .

Yes of course there's a thousand different connections gas valve/type dependent, though I presumed when the OP was talking about BBQ's then they're usually the pretty standard clip on butane/propane regs which are either 20mm or 21mm. The propane clip ons are all a standard 27mm I believe.

@foxhole , is it butane clip on cylinders you are talking about?
Yes , correct .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back