Gas Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Myson Apollo 15/30 B boiler. There's no hot water or heating but the pilot light is still on and even when it is on the timer it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem may be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ray

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Kevplumb. I think there is power to the boiler as the timer is still running. What else would indicate power to the boiler please?

Sponsored Links
All the electrics are on and there are no blown fuses. The switch to the heater is also on.

Ray

Is pump running when heat or hot water called for. If it is the solenoid coil on gas valve has gone about an inch long and round . Also make sure yellow push button(to light pilot) when depressed comes out all the way when released as if it sticks half way pilot might not properly be established stopping main gas firing

Hi Thanks for all your advice. Problem WAS gas valve and solenoid.Problem now fixed but didn't feel experienced enough to fix it myself. I thought it more than a DIY job and left it to the experts. You were all a great help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back