Gas cooker connection

Just a few points to consider.
Can it be confirmed that the cooker is designed and set to work on mains gas?
Are you sure the cooker and connection have no leaks?
Is the existing wall connection been tested for safe working?

Sponsored Links
I'll add to that...

Do you have a wife and kids? I'll say no more.
Do you have house insurance, because if anything does happen, you won't be covered.
Peace of mind and safety get an reg' gasman in. :rolleyes:

[
Agile";p="1943022 said:
Micropoint is rarely used for cookers except for some reason around Birmingham. I dont remember seeing one in London!
Agile";p="1943022 said:
When I worked for BG before leaving in about 1990, they were the only type used. I don't now fit cookers, but when I did, I found they were much smoother to connect than the 1/2" type, which sometimes jammed.

Unfortunately the OP wants to come to a DIY solution. Since the only solution to his needs is changing the socket or hose then an RGI is required.[

Agreed, as I| said before. But to be fair, the OP was merely asking a question, and he hasn't argued against any of the (sensible) comments.

basically to the OP. you need an rgi to connect the cooker safely. this would be piece of mind. especially a second hand cooker. seen a few cookers with drop down lids were the saftey valve has been ****ing gas or the lid has failed. various checks should be done even to the point the cooker should be level etc plus ventilation . its not a 2 min job from what people think. just hope you take the advice given. a cooker at the end of the day, is a flueless aplliance and if damaged can give dangerous ammounts of carbon monoxide.

Sponsored Links
The answer to your question is: micropoint connectors are not for cookers. You need to get a RGI to change that to a cooker connection.

i dont agree that micropoints are not for cookers, i fitted loads of them in the early 80's on social housing refurbs, they were the in thing for a wee while then they dissapeared,

The problem is that you cannot install a second hand appliance unless the instructions are there and all that. This legislation was pushed for by gas appliance manufacturers in the 80's. So I simply do not fit them. You would not believe the "shop soiled" but new **** that some people get given by big name high street firms, opened boxes full of the wrong bits and vital bits missing. I always say "I will fit your cooker for £100 but even if it does not work or I have to turn it off I want paying" they hang up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back