Gas Rangecooker connection - micropoint or Bayonet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope some one can help please.
I am having a new 90cm Gas Range cooker installed next week, replacing my 55cm version.
The current cooker is connected via a micropoint connection.
However I have read that these are not suitable for high consumption gas ranges.
The total/max consumption on my new cooker will be 16KW.
My gas safe fitter has told me just buy a new micropoint hose for when it's installed.
Does this sound right?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've read manual back to front and it does not say specifically about the hose - here is a screen shot of what it says.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 532
It seems to recommend that a 1/2" hose is required, so get a 1/2" micropoint hose or ask you GS engineer to purchase the appropriate fixing.

Sponsored Links
Right, that's where I'm confused. My fitter told me to pick up a hose myself.
I ordered from Screwfix a 1/2" micropoint hose - http://www.screwfix.com/p/microline-gas-cooker-hose-3-6-x/84596
Got it home looked and it says 3/8" on it... So I'm confused have they made an error?
What exactly does the 1/2" or 3/8" mean, which part, is it the thickness of the actual hose or the screw connector?

Are you allowed to connect your own gas cooker? Isn't this a job for the RGI?

Is be concerned about the supply pipe being big enough too. Our hob takes all almost as much gas as the boiler does for the house Heating.

The existing pipe wasn't big enough, let alone the extension needed for the new location.

Why do I get the impression OP is doing this work and the "gas fitter" is a figment of his imagination?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back