Gas cooker installation

alextom,where did you buy the water guage.£15.00 is a good price espically for monument tools.

Sponsored Links
Corgiman, Kier either you're idiots or you are those people who like to treat others like idiots. The U gauge I bought cost £15 from the Plumbshop and I used it in exactly the same way as the Corgi engineer did (a friend of a friend who I wish I knew earlier), who came round two days later.

And, have you now checked the working pressure of the appliance?

What is your 'u' gauge telling you?

Have you adequate ventilation in your kitchen?

Is your pipe sizing adequate.

AND, Id like you to explain how you did your tightness test (thats the thing you do with the u guage and the meter incase you didnt know), presuming you didnt have a medium pressure meter. Ie...

time spent on temperature stabilisation...
pressure to test for 'let by'
tightness test period
how you checked that the ecv and test nipple were gas tight after the test.

If you dont reply I will assume your a wan..... sorry...merchant banker who is above his station.

David

bet he knows about the permisable movement when undertaking a tightness test with a non digital manometer

this kinda thing makes me wonder why I bother, Us RGI's are obviously a bunch of thick arsehole rip off merchants who make money doing something a stupid monkey could do

I despair I really do.

****** to the lot of you lets hope you dont kill too many people had nothing to do with your arrogance

Soggy_weetabix, Corgiman
Please refer back to earlier messages. Corgi engineer installed the gas into the kitchen and a Corgi engineer has checked since. Therefore, I would have expected them, especially the first one, who I paid money to, to have check all the things that are supposed to be check.
Isn't this good enough? And if not, why not?

If I don't get a reply I'll assume you're too busy admiring yourself's in the mirror.

Sponsored Links
I've just had gas supplied to my kitchen so I could install a fairly new cooker

You, yes you installed the cooker. Not a mention of a CORGI registered installer here.

As for having a competent person for suppling the gas to your kitchen, that rules out only one of my comments, and that is the one of pipe sizing.

How will you obtain your certificate from CORGI so prove your cooker has been installed by a competent person?

David

Yes, I did plug in the bayonet. Are you telling me I need a certificate from CORGI to say that they attached it?
If it was attached incorrectly then the test would show a leak, wouldn't they?

you can unplug an existing cooker and then re connect it via the bayonet fitting

but you must be competent to intially install a cooker to a bayonet fitting, especially a second hand cooker,

you must commision this appliance in accordance with the gas safety installation and use regs, and be proven competent to these regulations also.

why didnt the RGI who installed the gas do this for you?? it cannot have cost much more.

Anyway you have done it and I hope that you did it well.

As I said before good luck to you

Are you telling me I need a certificate from CORGI to say that they attached it?

Yes you do.

More FREE advice from someone who stares in the mirror all day.

What way is it facing?

What hose used?

Does it conform to CORGI regs? ie is hose touching the floor and is it the bayonet positioned as per manufactures spec?

We are not here to make a fool of you just giving you advice on how to ensure your cooker is installed properly.

You have a safety chain or stability bracket presumably?

AND yes, all gas appliances installed are now registered with CORGI, which you can only do if your registered.

Surely your CORGI man told you that?

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
More FREE advice from someone who stares in the mirror all day.

come on soggy we are bloody gorgeous no wonder we stare

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

God you got in quick! Had to edit.

Always take my mirror to bed...just in case.

Dave

Soggy_weetabix said:
God you got in quick! Had to edit.

Always take my mirror to bed...just in case.

Dave

quick is my middle name, just ask the missus ;)

:LOL:

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply but I've been trying to work out how many Corgimen it takes to change a light bulb. I estimate 15 plus one to check the job's been done properly.

In my very first message I said the engineer connected the hose after completing the rest of the work. He then disconnected it.

I assume a Corgiman would not be as stupid as the rest of us and try connecting a hose without ensuring everything, including the type of hose, the safety chain, etc conformed to CORGI regs.

Of course I could be wrong and maybe some Corgimen are not very smart.

I appreciate and understand everything said and the genuine concerns over safety but treating people like idiots doesn't help. Many, many people (like myself) cannot afford to splash hundreds of pounds everytime a problem occurs and that's why some refer to these kinds of websites. If a problem does require an expert then fine but don't keep suggesting every problem requires spending lots of money on a Corgiman otherwise people might begin to smell a rat, or is that gas?

dont think you are an idiot and I dont think my posts suggest you are an idiot.

But as you say as long as you read the regs cover to cover, and the manufacturers instructions cover to cover why shouldn't you be able to do it. you will just be doing it (according to gas regs but not, strangely to the building regs) illeagally as they state that to carry out work you must be registered with CORGI, whether you are getting paid or not.

if the installer had already connected the cooker to the hose then to the bayonet fitting you can remove the hose form the bayonet as many times as you like as this is not deemed as WORK in the GSIU regs, but if he did this why did you feel it nescessary to spen 15 quid on a manometer to check for leaks??? as this would be unnescessary.

again you are not an idiot and i wish you luck (again)

corgiman said:
dont think you are an idiot and I dont think my posts suggest you are an idiot.

corgiman said.......

But i think you are an idiot and if i lived next door to you i would come round and punch you in the nose endangering my pu..sy cats life with your diy your a madman i can tell you are an uneducated moran.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back