gas cooker using bottled lpg gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im thinking of changing my electric cooker for a gas version which i would like to run from lpg bottles .
does anyone have a setup like this ??
how long does a bottle last ???

Sponsored Links
i dont think its that simple, i think it requires differnt jets (read that in plumbing forum)

also bottle time depnds on use time

you wont get an electric to gas conversion, you need to buy a new cooker, do you have gas bottles already installed?

Sponsored Links
runci21 said:
im thinking of changing my electric cooker for a gas version which i would like to run from lpg bottles .
does anyone have a setup like this ??
how long does a bottle last ???

I fit loads of em.
Get two gas bottles at least and buy an automatic changeover valve so as you don't run out halfway through cooking the best quality beef :LOL:

Many of the italian cookers and hobs come with the LPG conversion jets as standard in a packet. Should still be fitted and tested by an LPG CORGI.

The gas bottle should be located outdoors!

My French cottage has a two burner and oven mini cooker and on holiday use for light cooking it lasts about three months.

I would expect a heavy family cooking of a full meal every evening it might be 3-4 weeks and the cylinders cost about £13 for a refill.

Its a pain taking them to get a refill and a spare cylinder is almost a must.

Tony

One call to Calor or other supplier and they come out to deliver and fit new full bottle :rolleyes:

Have a country pub customer, uses a bank of four on automatic change over, 1 bottle lasts average 5 weeks (large bottles). Household running one cooker 2-3 months.
run yours off twin bottle with auto change over.

Ask your installer to fit one side with longer hose, keep a spare smaller bottle, for when you forget to re-order (cause you will), bottles easy to change with the POL connections.

If your bying a new cooker, buy an LPG, saves messing with convertion.

thanks for your help chaps was thinking of a changeover valve with two bottles .
im trying to reduce electrical load so i dont have to upgrade power supply to house

clf-gas said:
Ask your installer to fit one side with longer hose, keep a spare smaller bottle, for when you forget to re-order (cause you will), bottles easy to change with the POL connections.

All the bottles must be the same size, and a smaller bottle will under perform and could lead to possible problems, as it will deliver a lower maximum offtake.

Why do I get the feeling any minute now I shall be getting the book out to quote chapter and verse :rolleyes:

doitall, read the quote again........ small bottle as a backup when out of gas...
I thank you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back