Gas Emergency Engineer but want CEN1 etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I work for the Gas Emergency Service and am looking to further my career in servicing boilers etc (CEN1, HTR1)
Can you please advise a course for this without a portfolio (if possible) and how much??
I currently have CCN1, ACS, MET4,CPA 1,MET1.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
apparently independent engineers can use british gas academies to achieve quals, as they all have acs assesment centres in them.

You got your nvq 6012/4 ??
If so you can just go to an acs centre and do the cen1 etc.
What network you work for?

thanks for reply.

Tom- so you mean just contact BG and they can advice me the best options???

Dave, Na i don't unfortunately i guess that's another one i need? Work for SGN

Sponsored Links
You could try the BG academy at Uddingston but don't think they do external acs anymore.
I'd ring a few acs centres and tell them what you have and ask for best route, I might have a route to acs document I could mail you? SGN eh? Boooo, I'm ex NGN gov technician :D

u can contacy there academies directly, or on the academy web site, there on in basingstoke and dartford. not sure how much they charge, also most local colleges have construction cources with acs centres

You could try the BG academy at Uddingston but don't think they do external acs anymore.
I'd ring a few acs centres and tell them what you have and ask for best route, I might have a route to acs document I could mail you? SGN eh? Boooo, I'm ex NGN gov technician :D

Cheers mate that would be handy if you could mail me? haha was thinking on a transfer to NG but more interested in the boiler side of things now.

NG were always better, was gutted when they sold us!
Is your email in ya profile?

u can contacy there academies directly, or on the academy web site, there on in basingstoke and dartford. not sure how much they charge, also most local colleges have construction cources with acs centres

ill ask around the basingstoke area thanks mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back