Newly qualified Gas engineer looking for work

Yeah am applying saying i'll work for a low rate to start with and still no joy. Will keep trying. Hopefully something will come up soon. Thanks

Try tesco's, sainsburys, asda etc they're always looking for stock replenishment operatives.

Sponsored Links
be better money honestly. eaga are lookin for a service engineer in your area go on eaga careers website.

dont no any company who will take a short course entrant now they have all had there fingers well an truely burnt off!!!!!!!!!

id say its a near on impossible task for people in your boat i know gas fitters who have worked for bg for years looking for a job an on the dole!

you where mis advised when choosing your new careers

good luck tho :confused:

truth is its hard as hell to make it out there, you mention loans etc dont do it, why would you want to get a loan when your not going to be earning a wage thats providing you could get one in the first place.
i dont mean to be blunt or negative but its the truth because nobody knows about you, without a customer base you have no income.

it will be very hard to get a job with no experience as your bound to make mistakes at your employers cost, i sympathise with your situation and the thousands like you just waiting for opportunaties.

good luck. .

a mate of mine was only gassafe/corgi in respect of gas fires, in a roundabout way he was in the same position as you. he had to get more work and i advised him to try and get a start with a company looking after local authority housing on the basis that he would get experience in different types of boilers.

anyway he did it and now services all types of boilers and is adequate at fixing most as well! He is now well placed in the market to work for any company (after 4 years )
Maybe this is what you should consider??

Sponsored Links
Come on in, the water is lovely, we're all earning 50K per year for a two day week..... Or so it says on the training websites.

The company I work for (Biggest in the North East) wont touch anyone without a 4 year apprenticeship. Its a bit carp at the moment as in the last 2 years they have laid off about 100 plumbers (all experienced and good at what they do) most still haven't found new jobs. I even know one thats now a postman!

The funny part is Im always getting those letters through my door saying theres never been a better time to be a Plumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sh1t.... Even my mad ex wife is getting in on the action. The cheeky mare pinched a length of copper and some speedfit fittings off my van for her college course... :eek:

Blag it!! BG are hiring people for breakdown and servicing give them a go. :!:

Better still apply to boiler manufacturers for a service engineer job, if you can blagg the interview they will train you and forgive you as you learn the ropes. Fortunately the carpier the boiler, the more you will learn and the more desperate they will be for engineers. ;)

If all else fails get on with an agency - Saints personel is a good one in the south. Turn up on time and no matter what happens they will continue to find you posts. At all times though, cover your backside, don't be grateful for a job and bend the rules to keep it. You will be dropped and blaimed at the slightest excuse to keep their name intact.

good luck your going to needed it i am mainly subbie i am finding it hard to agencies who have work but i plod on
but you are coming subbie you need your own gas safe

s**t.... Even my mad ex wife is getting in on the action. The cheeky mare pinched a length of copper and some speedfit fittings off my van for her college course... :eek:

If I had known it was your ex I would gladly have given her a length . ;)

1 she shouldnt be mad
2 she shouldnt be your ex
3 dont leave your van where she can find it ;)

1.... She has the equivalent of foaming mad dog fever, though I fear that I may be the cause of that.
2.... Perhaps but I'm Sooo glad that she is ex
3.... Ever tried to bury a 3 ton van in your garden? Besides, last time she dug it up again :LOL:

s**t.... Even my mad ex wife is getting in on the action. The cheeky mare pinched a length of copper and some speedfit fittings off my van for her college course... :eek:

If I had known it was your ex I would gladly have given her a length . ;)

Just PMd you her telephone number..... She's all yours..... Good luck, you're gonna need it. Dont forget your Rabies shots.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back