Gas fire and gas cooker in same room?

Suprising as from what I remember of this case the electrician in question had linked out an overheat stat as a "temporary fix"?? this caused gross overheat of the cast iron heat stores, which gave up their carbon content in the form of Carbon Monoxide, I agree that this case was extremely unusual and I for one would never have imagined that Carbon monoxide could be generated in this way, BUT a Safety Device was linked out, which is never very proffessional and had it have been a Gas appliance of course would have been illegal resulting in a certain prison sentence for the engineer who did the deed!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
I would not be so harsh on people , the secret forum that u mention is the CC forumn most thing's disgussed are thing's of a technical nature , & not ripping people off , alot of which would not be wise or prudent to disscuss on an open forum for many obvious reason's .
It should also be noted that although most person's post anon on here , it would not be difficult to find out who they really are , there have been some recent case's were forum's have been obliged , Legally to release this imformation , & one can be sued for incorrect or dangerous advice
( hence indemity insurance ) , as for competence , some what difficult to define , diy ??? type gas work has gone on for years & probably will never be erradicated ??? in a given situation , an incident with gas or C/O
I would suggest that U would have difficulty in proving to the satisfaction of a court that u wer or are competent , irrespective of wether u are ???

no b0ll0x to that transam! i cant stand the arrogance of the guy labelling us all numpties would you have the audacity to call Nasa rocket scientists incompetent self appointed monkeys this guy thinks he could pass the pipework board in an acs assessment with no training and hand me down information boll0x to being nicey nicey and rubbing his chest puck him

im convinced hes a gas safe mole on a wind up

transam, you're talking absolute bull.

As the completed installation meets all the same standards as any RGI installation then they would not be able to prove a thing.

if thats so upload some pictures and ill be the judge of that! lets see how sure you are

awaiting photos!

if thats so upload some pictures and ill be the judge of that! lets see how sure you are

awaiting photos!

badplumbing_17.jpg

Sponsored Links
Munch munch munch, just off to get ice cream tub in the intermission :rolleyes:

GreenGobbess, No I dont think I fitted your boiler as I would suspect you fitted it all yourself being as you are all compessmentass ;)

Well green goddess I have for my part made an attempt to be civil to you , in a number of post's . The fact that you have obviously sort confrontation since your 1st post , lead's me to beleive you are merely attempting to wind people up !!! The only conclusion I can come to is that u are suffering brain fade due to the loss of vital bodily fluid;s brought on by excessive amount's of self abuse , I would suggest you go to bed with boxing glove's on !!! :D
Incidentally do you have a long whatsit ?????

Well green goddess I have for my part made an attempt to be civil to you , in a number of post's . The fact that you have obviously sort confrontation since your 1st post , lead's me to beleive you are merely attempting to wind people up !!! The only conclusion I can come to is that u are suffering brain fade due to the loss of vital bodily fluid;s brought on by excessive amount's of self abuse , I would suggest you go to bed with boxing glove's on !!! :D
Incidentally do you have a long whatsit ?????

Thanks transam, I do appreciate your civility unlike some on here.

Incidentally I did once try and fit my own combi boiler a few years back but was unsucessful. That's why I now like to take more care and plan ahead. I got the gas feed wrong and it ended up causing a small explosion. Thankfully it was not too serious and did little damage. We already had builders in doing other things so they helped rebuild the exterior wall after the incident. Besides, the Fire Brigade assured me that it was not my fault at the time.

Suprising as from what I remember of this case the electrician in question had linked out an overheat stat as a "temporary fix"?? this caused gross overheat of the cast iron heat stores, which gave up their carbon content in the form of Carbon Monoxide, I agree that this case was extremely unusual and I for one would never have imagined that Carbon monoxide could be generated in this way, BUT a Safety Device was linked out, which is never very proffessional and had it have been a Gas appliance of course would have been illegal resulting in a certain prison sentence for the engineer who did the deed!! :confused:

Yes u are correct but the outcome of the attempted prosecution was as my previuos post , the case was thrown out !!! was reprted in the gas installer someone said that the guy who died was an retired rgi ???

Just to let you all know that I've just polished off a lovely pizza cooked in my newly connected gas cooker. It seems like it was an easy job after all which just goes to prove how overpaid Gas Safe engineers are. They use 2 quids worth of copper and charge you £150 for the privilege.

And GreenGobbess has only just realised she lives in rip off Britain as well :oops: now all she needs to do is fix her own car, refine her own gas oil electric do her own house selling, rod her own drains do her own dentistry make her own clothes shoes fork lift training, idealy get into the music business acting industry ripping people off for the same song played on the radio over and over, or TV series repeated repeated repeated, or maybe best of all get into politics and wind the public up with opposition speeeches against the goverment, while pigging out on the same trough and getting paid for it all while not actually having a clue about energy or finance ect ect, now that is a nice little earner mmm, wish I had got into that caper, need a new moat and hanging baskets for my own place ;) have fun,

Well I do fix my own car whenever possible, I do all my own electrics and DIY. I just like learning about things. I have no problem with paying a tradesman an honest wage but I refuse to pay the extortionate Gas Safe rates for installing £2.46 worth of copper and charging £150.

The only thing I wouldn't attempt myself is surgery. I can't stand the sight of blood. I'm actually going in hospital in a fortnight for surgery (breast augmentation) and I assure you that I will not asking any detailed questions. The surgeon can get on with it without interruption.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back