Gas fire flue onto neighbours pathway?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to buy a balanced flue gas fire mainly for effect rather than heating.

The wall where i'd like to site the fire is the neighbours pathway. I dont think they'd mind if I placed a flue there but my plumber says it's against regulations and won't install it.

A friend down the road has had one installed since the house was built which flues onto the neighbours pathway, and there is a gas point where i'd like to site the fire so i'm not sure what the problem is - have regulations changed?

I'd like to avoid going down the flueless route as I don't want to fit extra ventilation.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK so if I want gas then my only option is flueless?

Strange how they would put a gas point there if if I can't have a flue...

Sponsored Links
You can have a twin wall flue running up through your property and terminating on the roof.... Or you can have electric.

if you could have the terminal at the front or back of your house there are fires that can be flued sideways from the fire rather than at the rear but quite expensive and to confirm no you cant terminate over your neighbours pathway whether they would mind or not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back