Gas fire removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A relative of my missus has had a gas fire removed. This was apparently done by a bloke who owns a shop selling fireplaces. He is not CORGI registered and apparently from what I can make out it was done by him as he was cheap (the same old story).

Apparently he has turned off the gas supply to the old fire by "a small tap" which I assume is a gas cock (I've not seen it). A replacement fire has not been installed yet so this pipe is just sitting there, open ended.

Is this a problem? Should a compression fit end stop have been fitted to the end of the pipe to seal it? There are young children in the house who could easily mess about and open this gas cock in my opinion.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
An offence has been commited,it is in your intrest and the safety of others to report this incident to corgi or the H.S.E.
Or on the other hand get the problem sorted by a corgi ignore the fact that Mr fireplace salesman is putting peoples lifes and property at risk and be gratefull it was not your your house/life he wrecked,but then again if its not you......Food for thought innit !! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back