gas inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. new here
i do mainly plumbing work, bathroom etc. only gas work i do is landlords cert , odd repair , run new mains.
got reg 2 years so due gassafe inspection. since my onle gas work is landlords how will it work. will he come to my house look at landlords padsd and pick out 3 or do i choose 3 and try to gain access via landlord.
i cant see him choosing 3 would work because id be forever trying to get times to access , tenats saying at work, landlord abroad. seems easier for me to contact several jobs and see who wants me to return and then book it in with tenants
i had a very short chat with inspector last year,. he was quite aggressive. although i think he was referring to installs and notifiyable work his line was we choose the job and if you can get accessthats your problem and your struck off!!!!!! im not kidding. im quite worried about this , very threanting statement

Sponsored Links
well it depends what you are registered to do, if you are not carrying out the work you are registered for then you can lose those competances, ie a registered installer/servicer of gas water heaters who never installs /services them can lose the water heater competance cert, or if your registered for fires but never do them then you can lose that part.

how could they take them off you if you have passed the exams on them ?
you never know whats round corner and you may want / need to start doing that type of work

Sponsored Links
If you do not do installs , than you do not register or notify your work to them , therefore they have no record of what you have done ??

As I see it you would arrange 3 LLT's or services & the inspector would come with you ??

Just because you do not install has got nothing to do with it , the acs is for installing & or working on the appliance ! take em around your relations house ect

Also industrial or commercial boiler installs is not notifiable !!

yes i havent done any notifyable work ie installs so i choose the 3 places where i did landlords to take inspector??

whats the point of it all then. i could take them around to mamas house which is perfect installation.!!!even notififable work that they want to see , we must arrange access, well people work and are not going to take time off for you if theyre happy with install.

Every one has to be checked every so often , no reason why you cannot take em around your mums house ! sister , brother , ect ,.

Used to take my inspector to a school , the school was for how shall we say , for kids with problems bloke could'nt get away quick enough :)

round my mums? the impression i got of this guy was they want me too choose 3 places where i did landlords??i always thought thought since im not doing notifyable work then yeah i got bring around to a friends house, mums and too gas safety check there

i think you have already answered your question.

The inspector wants to inspect the greatest variety of work that you have carried out since becoming registered.

If you only carry out landlord checks then book in to carry out landlord checks which cover the appliances you are qualified for.

Just be a little clever and make sure you have been before.

If you do a fire and backboiler this will allow you to prove most compentencies that he would want to cover.

If he is satisfied then he won't want to go to more than 1 property.

Make sure you have your books with you in case you need to look anything up. ( He will ask a few awkward questions which you will either know or can easily look up. Don't be put off getting the books out if you need to. We can't remember everything we need to.)

He will then just verbally ask the other questions he needs to.

The only other thing he will want to see is your public liability cert, so if you take that with you then he won't need to go to your house/office.

The only other thing he will want to see is your public liability cert,
I've never been asked for mine, and if he asked, I'd tell him it's none of his business so go to hell, then complain to GSR.

There is no requirement to hold public liability insurance to be gas safe registered , nor was it a requirement of Corgi . Sensible , advisable , but it is not a condition of registration !!

i remember having to prove it as part of my registration a few years ago. You had to hold £2million cover minimum.

First I have heard of that , certainly was never part of the Corgi registration process , & we have never been asked by gas safe ??

No need at all to have public liability either to get initially registered or stay registered and NO they cannot take away a module if you have not done any jobs on that appliance since passing exam.

Yes pick the 3 addressses yourself.
The only time that you dont pick the addresses is on notifiable work which they do randomly and they also pick the odd one here and there and visit without informing you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back