Gas leak detector spray ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI folks, do you lot use this much or is it just one of those nice to have things that the shops sell?

Is it something that a lot of plumbers/RGI's will be using a lot of or do you only get through a tin a year etc?

For those that don't know its like soapy water in a spray (but better) sprayed onto joints to see if there is a leak there, it bubbles up if there is.

Sponsored Links
Soapy water , wash your mouth out, we have to use approved stuff only on pipes. Heavens, soap might dissolve pipes!!
Actually it's a bit of a pain so I try to avoid it. Many of them are even flammable!

Yeah pished my self laughing watching some one look for a leak on a pilot supply and spray caught like a flame thrower off the pilot. Nearly as good as the woman that sprayed her coals black with the pilot still on :LOL: :LOL:

Never ever seen a meter rot from someone using washing up liquid on the nipple not even close .
Now flux dripping onto anaconda`s less than a year and they are pinholed

Sponsored Links
Have seen many honeywell gas valves looking distressed around the nipples!

With a bit of luck and the right patter i am hoping to see some distressed nipples later on tonight hopefully around half two :LOL: :LOL:

Ah, Namsag....that will be because you'll be looking in the mirror naked from the waist up then :LOL: :LOL:

I carry a brush in a bottle of ldf and a spray container you fill with ldf and then pump up the pressure in it with the lid...cheap, reusable ideal.

Powel i can live with that :LOL: but the mrs is getting on a bit now and they are heading south so it would be naked from the waist down on her part :eek: :LOL:

like john waynes saddlebags...not that I've ever met your missus nams...honest!

Looking at this on Ebay, how come Monument spray is £20+ ?
What makes it more special than the spray thats £3 ?

I don't get through gallons of the stuff but I wouldn't be without it. For gas I use Plumbs own brand but for finding leaks on air con condensers, I use a garden sprayer with a strong solution of coil cleaner... If there is no leak at least it cleans things..

I was hoping to post a picture of leak detector spraying onto some nipples.

But I couldn't find the can of spray!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back