Gas Meter Bracket

it can be made more secure if the correct fittings are used FOR your existing bracket.

if i remember correctly, that regulator inlet arrangement you have comes ready made to fit the new meter brackets and you have an older bracket so it dont fit in a secure way.

to be honest your meter is in a box and not so vulnerable to knocks.

i was told that this is the only regulator arrangement they are issued with,they would not budge from their statement.the rest is a legal battle which i cannot discuss.

but my own contractor was able to get all the necessary fittings from www.bes.co.uk

:D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Fair enough if they're tied to one particular type of regulator rather than carrying different types for different size brackets, but they should at least carry the attachments to make a secure fit in whatever bracket the customer has.

skodaman - when you talk about your contractor do you mean a private gas safe engineer? I thought only the approved guys were allowed to touch the meters, seeing as they belong to your supplier.

And BGSMJack - if you haven't got any then what's the hope of other engineers having them?!

At this rate I'll be tempted to stick a wooden chock under the meter to support its weight.

you looked at your meter, then you went to look at your friends meter, then back to your meter again...

now you are on a forum talking meters...

Sponsored Links
For the sake of completeness I thought I'd post back. A different guy came out and fitted a metal adapator in place (the type with the shear bolt). He said there's plenty out there that don't have this bit fitted, so it seems luck of the draw depending on who you get. Pah!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back