gas pipe in conctere garage floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im trying to decide where i would prefer my new boiler to be located before a corgi guy visits, i don't want him talking me into putting it where hes sees easiest. Could the gas pipe be run in the concrete floor of a garage, across the door opening area, the car will drive over this area, there will be a 6" slab, does it have to be installed in anything or just denso taped up? thanks

Sponsored Links
i don't want him talking me into putting it where hes sees easiest.
Eaisest usually = cheapest.
It would have to be sheathed and at least 375mm deep, and not in a structural slab.
Probably better to go round/up/over the garage walls.

i don't want him talking me into putting it where hes sees easiest.
Eaisest usually = cheapest.
It would have to be sheathed and at least 375mm deep, and not in a structural slab.
Probably better to go round/up/over the garage walls.
good advice ;)

no but cheapest option it not always best for my needs! looks like im going to having it router through the ceiling and downt he other side. oh well. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I normally try to have as much piping above ground when possible and exposed is better just in case repairs or testing is ever needed.

Once you bury the gas piping and if it fails then what?

no but cheapest option it not always best for my needs!
None say you can't bury it. There are still several options.

Extremely unlikely to fail if you do it right. If it does, dig it up - duh.
UK Regulations are the biggest difficulty - not something you'd know about ST!

no but cheapest option it not always best for my needs!
None say you can't bury it. There are still several options.

Extremely unlikely to fail if you do it right. If it does, dig it up - duh.
UK Regulations are the biggest difficulty - not something you'd know about ST!
< No kidding did you think this up all by yourself?

The civilized countries have all kinds of government regulations and these same countries are now losing jobs to countries more lax on codes.

The reasoning for the government regualtions is to allow the unemployable get civil service cronies jobs.

Rather then giving these folks welfare they are put in government positions like possibly having someone called KING or Prince and they live off the fat of the land GREAT job if one can find it

Also the preparation required to bury piping such as double pipe walls, wrapping it with hot applied coal tar or other protective coatings can sometimes be more cost prohibitive then exposed piping.

All piping fails it is just a matter of time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back