Gas Pipe in the way!

"I wondered if anyone else has been in this situation and whether there is any alternative to using Southern Gas? "
This was my question by the way. are you going to answer it or post more unhelpful comments?
I thought it had been made sufficienlty clear that the pipe in question is owned by the Transporter. Therefore, they are the only ones that can provide you with a list of approved contracters for your postcode, that you can ask for a quote.

Sponsored Links
Ben actually raises an interesting question.

Officially at least, most gas suppliers require that the request is put to them and they engage their contractor to do the work ( usually at a fraction of the supplier's charge to you ).

We do seem to get some people saying that they have succeeded in getting the work done directly with the approved contractor.

If that has been done then its probably been a dodgy deal.

I have paid cash for dodgy deals more than once, to gas (or water)suppliers' guys working weekends. They're troubled by trackers in their vans now so it's not so easy.
If your installation is oldish nobody gets surpised to find the position records are "wrong" - nobody usually looks.

Paying for someone else to break rules is one thing, doing the work myself would be another - I wouldn't go that far!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back