Gas Registered, what next?

Sponsored Links
Did you get your gas safe notification through?
if so it has detsils in it on how to book a free visit from an inspector.
if not give them a ring.

nope he said he will send it but as yet nothing has come through? Does it usually take this long???

Depending how busy your installer is, i try to register my installs within a week or two and then it takes about a week for the notification to reach customer

Sponsored Links
I have just successfully completed my gas assessment and associated exams, including 4 domestic appliances.

I have now received my certificate of competence and registered with gas safe (yesterday).
What should I now expect from gas safe, to be able to proceed with gas work?
Congratulations and welcome to the dark side.

Depends what you want to do, are you planning on working for a company or doing installs yourself or what?

As said, Gas safe will normally first an install or some jobs of yours within the first 6 months, (nows a good time to replace your own boiler, or if its neat and new claim you did it lol) but apart from that as long as you have your GS card and insurance theres nothing to stop you doing work right away,.

Congratulations and welcome to the dark side
Thank you!

Depends what you want to do, are you planning on working for a company or doing installs yourself or what?

As said, Gas safe will normally first an install or some jobs of yours within the first 6 months, (nows a good time to replace your own boiler, or if its neat and new claim you did it lol) but apart from that as long as you have your GS card and insurance theres nothing to stop you doing work right away,.
I am working for myself, I just wondered how long it was before I can start fitting some unsupervised work, my registration has been officially approved. Not yet received gas card and welcome pack, but I am on the register. I already have some PLI up to the value of £2 million. I reckon I will have to upgrade this to have gas work insured also.

Congratulations and welcome to the dark side
Thank you!

I am working for myself, I just wondered how long it was before I can start fitting some unsupervised work, my registration has been officially approved. Not yet received gas card and welcome pack, but I am on the register. I already have some PLI up to the value of £2 million. I reckon I will have to upgrade this to have gas work insured also.
You can start straight away.
just make sure you keep a record of all your work

You'll need your card and public liability insurance (don't forget to bend over when you ring up). Corgi are pretty good for that. They have another trading name but it escapes me at the moment.

Don't for get to register for the Combustion Chamber here though ;).
What value PLI is required?

Depends on the type of work and properties you're working on. Think mine is £10million plus £50K professional indemnity. With 1 permanent employee and 100 days subbies.

I've always been employed so not sure about the liability, think from memory its £1mill, so you will likley have enough, just need to advise them that it now includes gas work as that will probably put your premium up a bit.

But once your registered your good to go, as said, keep paperwork of each job, and make sure to leave paperwork (ideally a duplicate of what you have) on job sites, detailing the customer details/appliance details/any reading such as Flue gas readings-gas pressures-gas rates-tightness testing, and a note of anything that doesnt conform to the regs

(while they have done away with the NCS catagory on gas warning notices, it would be good practice, and helpful to your own learning to leave a note of NCS situations in the form of a non compliance notice or best advice notice, to show you are checking and recognising any installation issues)

Depends on the type of work and properties you're working on. Think mine is £10million plus £50K professional indemnity. With 1 permanent employee and 100 days subbies.
What is the minimum required by gas safe, I can only guess what type of properties I will end up in, they are very varied around here.
I am a sole trader occasionally take on part timers or temps but only occasionally as it stands at the moment.

sssshhhh...dont tell my wife i'm on here, we are on honeymoon in sri lanka, paid for by all the old people i rip off...however the wifi signal is very ropey so no xhamster until i get home :cry:Tony ( Agile ) would have a raging boner if he was here, you can't move for bumping into young ladies in saree 's
:ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed two weeks in Sri Lanka. Went with another BBC engineer to visit a third who has a SL wife and had just completed his house there.

We loved our stay there! Very friendly people and interesting country!

At the lace factory all these girls were dead quiet which I thought seemed odd. So I waited until all the other tourists had left and then waved goodbye to all the girls as I was ready to leave! They all screamed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back