Gas regulations and rules. Bad experience with ideal

Would any of you professionals worry about this?

Yes, because there’s still a drop - as previously mentioned.

Please see attached screenshot of a gas safe technical bulletin,I’ve highlighted the parts in yellow that are to be adhered to.

Attachments

• 22980FC2-1E4A-418D-932F-CA7779F6E5AC.jpeg
    22980FC2-1E4A-418D-932F-CA7779F6E5AC.jpeg
    930.1 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
So I definitely need my gas copper pipework from the meter to all appliances replacing? What's annoying me is the fact the leak was clearly caused by ideal on the boiler! So because of them I now have to have all my pipework replaced because their has never been any smell of gas apart from from the boiler after they came. I know it's not their fault the pipework has a pressure drop but the smell of gas was caused by them and if it wasnt for that it would pass a gas safety due to never having an issue! Also this is a little off topic but I've been made aware I have to top up limestone chippings in the soakaway. My neighbours have a pipe which goes straight underground! I cant see a soakaway. If it is its buried. If the pipe just goes underground against the house could it cause problems?

Sponsored Links
So I definitely need my gas copper pipework from the meter to all appliances replacing?
Who said it needs replacing? It needs the leak found and repairing is what we have said.

So I definitely need my gas copper pipework from the meter to all appliances replacing?

No, you simply need to have someone find the leakage or leakages. If this began with your boiler being disturbed, then the likelihood is that it will be the boiler or the pipework around the boiler.

I'm lost with this thread

Has a test been carried out with all appliances disconnected if so what was the result?

Can you smell gas now?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The test was carried out with boiler isolated but oven and fire still connected. The reading was 0.4 according to ideal. 0.36 when someone from my work tested it and 0.22 when the plumber who issued me with a certificate tested. No smell of gas now. The smell of gas was caused when ideal messed with the boiler. There was a 2mb pressure drop before ideal come back to the boiler l

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back