gas test ??

Joe-90.....suits.

Stick him in a metal ball cage spin it around and pop his glasses on and what do you have.......yup a muppet.

You can always apply Heisenberg's Joe

Sponsored Links
as it happens he can do a gas test but his mate who does have his....GAS :D verifies the test for him... as hes been doing it for years and hasnt had a problem fyi lol next question :)

Sponsored Links
I couldn't give a tos if it blows, I'm far enough away to not be affected. :LOL:

If your prepared to have an unregistered guy do the work then surely you dont care about havng the work certified.

You made your bed, lie in it.

its all tested and up and running guys fyi :LOL: c,mon its hardly that much more of a skill running some copper piping for the gas than installing plumbing pipework is it :LOL: 1 or 2 are just bitter because someone has had the work done+ tested/verified and not had to pay the sky high prices you charge people..the gas engineer as the lad doing alot of his work then does the test signed off no problem.. you hope it blows up twgas :LOL: why would it do that when its passed the gas test :eek: you obviously dont know what your talking about..enrol on a gas course at college kidda :LOL:

We arent saying its hard.

What annoys people is that we all work legally, having to pay registration fee's and retake assesments every 5 years to remain registered at a significant cost in money and time off to do them.

When people employ the feckless who refuse to work within the law and undercut the legal guys it gets everyones back up.

He probably does not have public liability insurance either!

Even if he did then the insurance company would not cover him for any work he was doing which was not certified for.

Unfortunately, its the public who employs these people who are taking a big risk.

Tony

Chap signing the work off is a mug too. He becomes liable for all the gas work that has been done in that property.

Bet the un registered guy is laughing at him. He takes the work away from the registered guy, earns his wage then gets the registered chap to sign it off for peanuts. Its no wonder they do it when there are mugs willing to sign off this work.

fair enough can understand that tbh...but in tough times and money is tight sometimes people will opt for the cheaper alternative of using people they know to get it done cheaper but still safely as its been tested signed off by a guy who has is gas is registered with his own public liability insurance etc etc and who has 100% confidence in the plumbers ability to pipe up gas correctly safely etc otherwise he wouldnt touch him with a bargepoll :cool:

Chap signing the work off is a mug too. He becomes liable for all the gas work that has been done in that property.

Bet the un registered guy is laughing at him. He takes the work away from the registered guy, earns his wage then gets the retarded! chap to sign it off for peanuts. Its no wonder they do it when there are mugs willing to sign off this work.

fair enough can understand that tbh...but in tough times and money is tight sometimes people will opt for the cheaper alternative of using people they know to get it done cheaper but still safely as its been tested signed off by a guy who has is gas is registered with his own public liability insurance etc etc and who has 100% confidence in the plumbers ability to pipe up gas correctly safely etc otherwise he wouldnt touch him with a bargepoll :cool:

It isnt about money its about whose necks in the noose if something goes wrong !

Lets suppose your plumber whose been doing it for years has inadvertantly not inserted the pipe far enough in to the fitting maybe only 2-3 mm .
The registered guy tests it ...at a later date if the pipes knocked it parts and theres a major incident the registered guys gonna carry the can... no question....I for one will put my head in the noose for no one.

I've come across that senario on water held by 2mm of solder I moved the pipe fractionally to do something else and it parted !

you saw his mates gas safe card did you?

i know a few people who say they are, and maybe once were, but aren't now. i also know a couple of guys who do gas work and neither have ever been qualified - one of them once left a lovely smell of the north sea in a house he worked on. Having said that, i know a couple of registered guys that don't do the job like they should :)

maybe your guy is competant, maybe he's just been lucky.

out of interest, have you looked his mate up on the gas safe website?

This isnt a joke but if you came home... house gone, family dead.......gas explosion..... . who would you blame ?

I am genuinely interested in hearing your reasons for your answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back