GEM Combi Boiler - flowswitch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me out with some advice.

I have an old GEM boiler produced by the Combi Company Ltd, which is not producing hot water, although the heating is working fine.

It's been diagnosed as needing a new flowswitch, part number 870052, but that's where the problem starts. Gem boilers (Combi Company) as I understand it, were taken over by Halstead & in turn, Glen Dimplex. I'm told the part is now obsolete, and I can't find anyone with one in stock.

So.. does anyone have any suggestions of where I might be able to get hold of the part, or alternatively:

does anyone know whether the diaphragm used in the flowswitch can be changed, which part I need, and where I can get one?

I see from searching the forum that this question was asked 4 years ago, but that was before it went obsolete!

Thanks in advance (and desperation) as otherwise I'm going to need a new boiler, which given it's on the third floor, is looking to be a very, very expensive option. :cry:

Nick

Sponsored Links
I can repair those for my customers but you are too far away.

It would be possible to buy a generic flow switch and fit it on the supply pipe. But that would need someone with an inkling of how boilers work!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back