GEM combi boiler overheat reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how I can reset the overheat reset switch on a GEM combi boiler. They were manufactured in Korea and sold by the Combi Boiler Co Ltd who have gone bust so can't get manual. Cheers for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Overheat reset button is on underside of boiler to the right. Just press the button in until it clicks.

If the boiler has overheated then its necessary to discover the cause of the overheat situation and deal with the problem.

Tony

Thankyou Chrishutt. I looked all over for that switch yesterday. It looked like a screw but the advice was spot on. The pressure is always high as well and I can't seem to get that down to the advisable No. 1 on gauge.
Cheers, Hughey

Sponsored Links
After finding the reason for the overheat you should check your filling loop is not letting by.

You can lower the pressure to 1.5 bar using a radiator bleed screw into a jug or towel.

Tony

Hi Tony, I had a loft conversion done last March and thats when the pressure went up. The overflow pipe also leaks a little outside. My daughter and spouse had the heating for taps and central heating on the highest level. It was like the Sahara Desert when I come home from work two hours after the combi stopped. Could this have been the reason. I think I will have a plumber come to give it all a good check before the winter and then perhaps start saving for a new one. I use £300 quarter for gas in the winter. I pay dd £50 month and they are asking me to up it. I have five rads downstairs, four on the second level and then one in the loft conversion. Four of them are quite large.

Regards, Hughey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back