Getting Gas meter moved vertically down 2ft in Garage

Sponsored Links
Doddle of a job i would use new governor without a flex as existing wont stretch with 2 bends on it.
OR New gov with 3/4 m/f elbow pointing upwards with flex into it and tight bend in it off ecv

Sponsored Links
So the service pipe can be modified by any one with met 1??
Surely it is the property of the GT!!

in theory you ave to ask for permission from MAM if moving using different fittings if moving using same fittings no permission needed

G1NZO, ignoring pipework to the right, do you think there would be enough clearance if the meter was just moved downwards as far as it will go WITHOUT disconnecting the flexible stainless steel pipe?

Based on exactly what size your runners are I suspect that it might do.

Tony

G1NZO, ignoring pipework to the right, do you think there would be enough clearance if the meter was just moved downwards as far as it will go WITHOUT disconnecting the flexible stainless steel pipe?

Based on exactly what size your runners are I suspect that it might do.

Tony
Yes that would work

So leaving the flexible pipe in place and moving the meter down

I think that many RGIs will consider themselves able to do that and make the required modifications to the outlet pipes.

Would probably take about 90 minutes.

Tony

I think that many RGIs will consider themselves able to do that and make the required modifications to the outlet pipes.

Would probably take about 90 minutes.

Tony
Thanks
Will try ring round some Registered Gas guys locally

i thought i was getting slower but 90 mins ??

Well for charging purposes, I would allow 90 min.

Has to include drinking the coffee and doing the safety checks.

Explain the lack of an earth bond and write out an invoice.

Tony

i think there is earth bonding but in the wrong place admittedly just change it when you do the alterations as that may fill the rest of the time :whistle:(y)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back