Getting inside the drum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to remove the front panels of a washing machine to get access to the space in between the drum and the external cylinder. The hope is that I will be able to take out a noisy object stuck inside.

Any suggestion/advice before I do that?

Sponsored Links
I've got stuff out by removing the heater element.

Where is the heater element? On the front? in the back?

No idea for your machine but near bottom of drum and usually at back. If you can see one of these you've found it.
SRU003280-100-01.JPG

Sponsored Links
shaggy said:
No idea for your machine but near bottom of drum and usually at back. If you can see one of these you've found it.
SRU003280-100-01.JPG

not if its a hotpoint, thing is doing that, heater seal will more than likely "go" best take pump off

I know you're the expert on Hotpoint breezer but I am talking from experience here. Removing the heater allows you to retrieve girl's knickers very easily using a coat hanger. I don't give advice if I've never done the job but I've retrieved many pairs of knickers(not mine by the way) from the heater slot.

I was always told to take the pump /outer tub connection off because

1) its quicker
2) easier
3) you do not break "seal" on heater
4) if "sock" is at the back you can still get it

if ever you touched a heater, i was told always put a new one in

obviously we were taught differnt methods :)

breezer said:
if "sock" is at the back you can still get it
Never mind socks we're talking girl's knickers here mate. :)

if ever you touched a heater, i was told always put a new one in
Rip off the customer again then? ;)
Seriously, if it's a coin got between the drum and outer I've often found it finds it's way to the pump anyway.

kevplumb

are girls knickers really a subject that should be discussed on a public forum

Mmmmmm Yes..lots beter than Part P oh or is that P for pants

Lovely chat! ;)

Thanks for the help.

I got to the heater but did not remove it from the drum as it is solidly stuck to it and did not seem a good idea to pull it off. I managed to pull a little cap from the back of the heater though (looks like a sensor as it has two wires attached to it???) and looked inside with a torch. I the heater is "clean".

Back to square one
- The heater is clean
- the filter at the end of the drain hose is clean
- The drain hose is clean (removed stuff that was stuck to the plastic ball agt the top of the hose.

The little noise is still there......

Acchillo, (if you're still reading this discussion about girl's knickers :eek: ) if the heater looks like my pic you slacken the centre nut then tap it in slightly to release the compression of the rubber seal. You can then ease the heater out. All the machines I have worked on used this type of heater but I don't know if it is universal. (I expect breezer knows the answer)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back