gloss

Sponsored Links
You get best results with undercoat/liquid gloss but the one coat jobs have come on a long way from the old days. Wilkos do a good one.

who was the silly berger who invented Magicote ;)

probably a silly question but how do you compete with someone who uses a solo gloss for woodwork, as aposed to someone who first undercoats then glosses after, as this will take longer.

Sponsored Links
probably a silly question but how do you compete with someone who uses a solo gloss for woodwork, as aposed to someone who first undercoats then glosses after, as this will take longer.

Learn how to use it, that's how to compete.

The vast majority of pro's are notoriously slow to catch on and most of them tend to ridicule something such as this.

Probably, most of them have never even tried it and are still of the belief that it's the same as ordinary liquid gloss.

It's not. ;)

so is it something you use? and what about waterbased gloss is it any good? thx

Yes. I use loads of it.

Waterbased gloss isn't my speciality ;) It will keep whiter longer. I suppose it can only get better, surely can't get worse. :evil:

Water based gloss is evil.

It doesn't flow as well as oil based. The only advantages are smell, clean up, yellowing and speed of drying (which can also be a disadvantage).

Worst of all it is impossible to sand, it jusr rips off the surface when you try to snd it.

Water based eggshell is slightlybetter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back