glow worm 52b super gas valve

The valve is not at fault then!

The problem is the pilot flame!!

My money would be on the pilot injector!
Is it a strong blue flame or weak with yellow tip??

Sponsored Links
Just as I had suspected the valve is not at fault.

He must be one of the 95% of CORGIs who dont know how to measure the thermocouple output to see if its adequate and then what to charge for a new gas valve.

I can keep out charges low because I diagnose the fault quickly using any tests available!

Tony

I find that many engineers dont even want to do repairs or services to BBUs and many people who call me have tried several others first.

Getting anyone else to desoot them is apparently even more difficult. Its a job I would prefer to avoid as well.

I hasten to add that the £180 is INCLUSIVE of our diagnostic fee so thats the total they pay.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I find that many engineers dont even want to do repairs or services to BBUs and many people who call me have tried several others first.
Tony

A lot of todays engineers would not even know how to remove the firefronts ;)
Hands up all those who have dropped a smoke match on someones nice new rug or put the radiants safely to one side and then stepped on them :eek:

Are you sure the aeration hole on the side of the pilot burner is not full of rust and debris??
Have you removed pilot burner and given it a thorough clean??

As previously stated "I dont think your mate has a clue"

Hi Terry

I am presuming my mate did this he took the thing to pieces but I`ll ask him anyway. He is fairly meticulous in what he does.... guess that the reason he`s a gas fitter

Thnaks

John

Agile as i said i would presume engineer had checked the pilot flame as you did when he originally changed the thermocouple which obviously he didn`t otherwise he would have found it was not even heating the thing .

This is basic and different from people checking voltage output of a properly heated new t/couple and diagnosing a new valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back