glowworm hideaway pumping over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
glowworm hideaway 80 ov 41 313 25
f&e in loft, cylinder w/o cylinderstat, 2 pumps on boiler on ground floor
2 months ago boiler serviced and both pumps replaced. a month ago houseowner replaced a large bay window rad with a new one he piped himself. all appeared to be ok but today spoke to his wife, not difficult as she lives next door to me and she asked me to have a look as the c/h was,nt working and the hot water at the taps are v.hot, so hot you cannot keep your hand under it.also he noticed that the vent was pumping over into the f&e tank.
went into the house turned on c/h at the potterton ep2002 and the roomstat, went into the loft and the f&e was steaming, continually pumping over ,200mm deep and the water was 71 degrees. water temperature at the hot tap was not far behind.
could not get a magnet to stick to any pipework in the airing cupboard trying to find a blockage and at the boiler the thermostat appeared to be working as the boiler would switch off when the control was turned to minimum and come back on when the control was turned up to max.
bled all rads , no air coming out.
any suggestions as to where to look for a blockage or any problems you might think of

Sponsored Links
Which pump for heating and hot water? Maybe wrong way around?

It look like a gravity hot water and pumped heating but why two pump?

Disconnect the pump for primary gravity hot water and switch on hot water only and see if it work without pump and without pumping over.

Dan.

hi danny it was working for 6 weeks w/o pumping over after the pumps were fitted, the lad has the loft converted into an office so hes in that area on a regular basis and never noticed pumping over before.with it working before i cant se how the pumps are the wrong way round but stranger things have happened, ill try turning off the water pump and report back.
i thought it had something to do with the boilerstat, not working so boiler continuously running and not switching over to c/h. something is causing the water to overheat, the tap temperature is very high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back