glowworm ultimate 50 FF . sound repair ??

And say what.
My boiler was not working BG came out got it working its still working but i think i need a part,
Whether wd40 is correct remains to be seen.

If you had a flat tyre with an air leak and you called a mechanic out on a fixed price repair would you be happy if he pumped it back up in the knoweledge that the fault would reoccur sooner or later?

Or would you expect a new tyre to be fitted. . . .

If he repaired the puncture do you think he would give you a 1 year guarantee?

Do you guarantee all your repairs for 1 year?

Sponsored Links
And say what.
My boiler was not working BG came out got it working its still working but i think i need a part,
Whether wd40 is correct remains to be seen.

The engineer got the boiler fixed. Who knows how long it will last. It has a guarantee none the less.

The customers seems happy enough, and namsag has a good point.

Can BG do nowt right?

On that point, Id like to add that one of my customers (a previous topic in the CC) needed and new Heat Ex on an Ultimate. I advised a BG fixed price repair for £197. They duly came and did it.

My own boilers fan was lubricated 4 years ago when it stuck. Still going strong.

Paul.

guarantee?

Do you guarantee all your repairs for 1 year?

On all solid repairs to serviceable boilers we guarantee that exact repair.

But not the boiler for other faults.

Tony

Thanks for all the responses to my question regarding my boiler repair. I contacted British gas and past on some of your thoughts and they gave me a full refund which I wasn’t expecting ! This was very generous on their part.

Sponsored Links
I do have to say that "repair" does not show them in a very good light.

Its surprising that they did not offer to come and replace the fan to overcome your concern.

Perhaps they have a current policy of trying to make any complainants totally satisfied.

Question now arises that as they have given you a refund you dont have any guarantee on the "repair" which they did.

I expect that I would be struggling to diagnose thre fault and replace the fan for you for less than £187. ( We dont fit bodged repaired parts ).

Tony

Sometimes a spray of ac90 will get the fan running if it has stuck, also a push with a screw driver in the reverse direction will get a fan running again. BG do not use wd40 it is too expensive they use ac90. BG also issued a fan lube which was flame resistant, apparently developed by a bg engineer and his mate who was a chemist. This was soon withdrawn because an 'engineer' sprayed it into his eyes trying to apply it to a running fan! AC90 was again the way forward. Don't forget people that BG engineers have a sole purpose, Performance, 1st time fix, parts costs, recall rate (if it works for 28 days you don't get a recall) Patch margin of profit to customer contract rate, boiler sales leads and please sell a CO detector on every visit. Even if the customer can purchase the sf CO detection alarm at half the price in B&Q or Tesco. They will also only charge 30 mins labour to hammer a nail in the wall and pull out a red tag from the battery comp in a CO detector! BARGAIN!!!
A new fan will cost around £130 +/- 20. plus 30 mins labour.
You my friend have been done in. If it was explained that this temp fix could last 1 hour or 10 years, would you have paid this, no.
On call assistance jobs give BG a very bad name, but they will continue bbeacusethat job would be exactly the same price for fitting a universal thermocouple or pressing a reset button. BG Doing the right thing and looking after your world.

EX BG Technical engineer with a cconscious

Sometimes a spray of ac90 will get the fan running if it has stuck, also a push with a screw driver in the reverse direction will get a fan running again.
Yes it will, but its not a proper repair. Hitting the fan with a fu55ing big hammer would work just as well, as would coaxing it with a promise of a quiet night in with a tub of lube. :rolleyes:

BG do not use wd40 it is too expensive they use ac90. BG also issued a fan lube which was flame resistant, apparently developed by a bg engineer and his mate who was a chemist. This was soon withdrawn because an 'engineer' sprayed it into his eyes trying to apply it to a running fan! AC90 was again the way forward. Don't forget people that BG engineers have a sole purpose, Performance, 1st time fix, parts costs, recall rate (if it works for 28 days you don't get a recall) Patch margin of profit to customer contract rate, boiler sales leads and please sell a CO detector on every visit. Even if the customer can purchase the sf CO detection alarm at half the price in B&Q or Tesco. They will also only charge 30 mins labour to hammer a nail in the wall and pull out a red tag from the battery comp in a CO detector! BARGAIN!!!
A new fan will cost around £130 +/- 20. plus 30 mins labour.
You my friend have been done in. If it was explained that this temp fix could last 1 hour or 10 years, would you have paid this, no.
On call assistance jobs give BG a very bad name, but they will continue bbeacusethat job would be exactly the same price for fitting a universal thermocouple or pressing a reset button. BG Doing the right thing and looking after your world.

EX BG Technical engineer with a cconscious

With a WHAT?

If thats as technical as BG guys get, my 13 year old could do with a job. Cannot see him having any problems getting a job with ****tish gas.

Oh, why am I feeding a troll?

Mr. W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back