god.my invisible friend.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We may never know exactly what goes on inside the minds of the various animals that inhabit this planet , but I think it would be arrogant of us to assume we are the only species capable of feeling loss and grief.

That's very true. We are just watching the 'elephant documentary' that was broadcast earlier today and, in my opinion, it's quite clear that they feel grief at the death of one of their 'family'.

And I'd be very surprised if elephants believe in a god!

We may never know exactly what goes on inside the minds of the various animals that inhabit this planet , but I think it would be arrogant of us to assume we are the only species capable of feeling loss and grief.

That's very true. We are just watching the 'elephant documentary' that was broadcast earlier today and, in my opinion, it's quite clear that they feel grief at the death of one of their 'family'.

And I'd be very surprised if elephants believe in a god!

Ganesh?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Let's forget about the future for a moment and look at the past.
Which creation sequence do you believe to be true?

planet earth
water
light= first day
atmosphere=seconday
dry land
grass,herb,tree=third day
the moon,the lesser light to rule the night.including the stars.fourth day
sea creatures
fowl,birds ect fifth day
cattle,creepimg thing,beasts,land animals
man= sixth day

women was made from man. some time after

thats my take on it, not saying i am 100% right.

If it gives a sequence in the Bible, would you take that to be true, as it is in the Scriptures?

micilin, the bible wont mean much to you, unless you meet Jesus , hes the one that gives life,hes the boss , lol

So.....as with all previous believers, you avoid answering a direct question when challenged. How can believers say that they believe the bible is the word of god, and yet ignore it?

I read and studied it when I was a believer myself. That was part of my journey to finding out there was no god.

Which creation sequence do you think is the truth? Do you believe the sequence in Genesis describes the order in which God created everything?

challanged, avoiding questions, are you the gestupo lol
i gave you a list of a sequence. of course i believe it.

challanged, avoiding questions, are you the gestupo lol
i gave you a list of a sequence. of course i believe it.

Okay ...it's just that there is a different one in the Bible. Genesis contradicts itself, and even the most devout believer must accept that only one version cane be true.

Therefore, one version must be false.

Therefore the Bible can't be the word of God.

Therefore it cannot be taken as anything other than a collection of stories written by people.

As it happens, I do believe that the man we call Jesus existed. His message of forgiveness, his boiling all of the Law down into simple ' love god' and 'love they neighbour' was a truly radical message in the time of 'Eye for an Eye'. His message of inclusion for the poor, the outcast etc likewise.

I just don't believe that he or any other being was divine. That doesn't make his message on 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' any less powerful. In my eyes, it makes it even more so , in that it came from a mere man Just a shame it was corrupted by the Romans etc

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back