god.my invisible friend.

Sponsored Links
The difference imho is the purpose and possible eternal existence of our souls.

I'm not sure that 'soul' in that context is mentioned in the Old Testament at all. It became more of an interpretation once the Greeks got involved in the NT.

Sponsored Links
Didn't think you were capable of such nonsense.

Then again you are a plasterer and hardly that clever.

No wonder that the Islamic faith is gaining followers at such a rate, with such a warm and welcoming introduction to the Christian fold...... ;)

I've heard it said that To be a plasterer you need the strength of a horse, the agility of a monkey and the brains of a donkey.

But at least I had the sense to read the book to find out what was in it , you believe in a book you have never read.....

My uncle (in his 60's now) once told me that he could teach me to be a plasterer.

That, I doubt. No more could I skim something smooth, than I could paint a landscape in oils. Even given all of the time in the world.

My hat is truly doffed to skilled spreads :)

Humans are unique in that they differ from animals mainly because we have emotions.

Why?

Why are we gifted/cursed with emotions? If you can get your head around this then you are half way to understanding why humans believe in the divine.

The cynical amongst us scoff at those that believe in God yet weep when a loved one dies. Go figure.

We may never know exactly what goes on inside the minds of the various animals that inhabit this planet , but I think it would be arrogant of us to assume we are the only species capable of feeling loss and grief.

Humans are unique in that they differ from animals mainly because we have emotions.
No, it's because we think better..............well, some of us. :rolleyes:

We may never know exactly what goes on inside the minds of the various animals that inhabit this planet , but I think it would be arrogant of us to assume we are the only species capable of feeling loss and grief.

Well said.

I agree with this also, I think there are many examples of animals exhibiting those emotions.

Sponsored Links
Back