god.my invisible friend.

Therefore the Bible can't be the word of God.
.Hold on! As bb quite clearly demonstrates (no offence bb ;) ), the word of god may well have been distorted through dyslexics, politicians and those with a vested interest. Thus you shouldn't take the Bible as sacrosanct.

Sponsored Links
Therefore the Bible can't be the word of God.
.Hold on! As bb quite clearly demonstrates (no offence bb ;) ), the word of god may well have been distorted through dyslexics, politicians and those with a vested interest. Thus you shouldn't take the Bible as sacrosanct.

My point exactly. It's either / or.

It can't be a little bit sacrosanct.

Can't be a little bit 'the word of God'

So it can't be quoted to support anything on the basis that it is.

That's why the churches originally didn't want the common people reading it, as they knew it didn't make sense. Hence the wilful mistranslations into English (etc) when the genie was let out of the bottle.

Words were twisted - like 'Hell' for what actually was a rubbish tip , 'Virgin' which actually meant 'young girl', 'soul' which meant 'person', 'messiah' and so on.The scripture was changed to suit the message,rather than the message changing to suit the scripture.

And then you get people living their lives by a book they have never read .

Staggering at times.....

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
And then you get people living their lives by a book they have never read .

Staggering at times.....
Yes, imagine living your life like a monk or a saint only to find someone has already written a book about it.

Staggering.. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Out of interest, why are so many of you so vehemently determined to want there NOT to be a god?
I think of it the same way as visitors from space. It's not that I don't want there to be a visitor from space - I'd be more than happy if one did finally land on Salisbury plain and opened up guided tours around the ship. But the reality is that isn't going to happen so I'm not going to spend my life preparing for it.

So many mislead souls here mislead by Mr C Darwin. :cry: and Prf. S Hawkins, who claims the universe and us came from Nothing, and also he claims that if Aliens did come we would be in trouble, at least someone believes that there exists life elsewhere.

If we take evolution then tell me
1. how does a simple single cell evolve? It just cannot evolve, it may grow and divide, and multiply, and produce more cells but all those cells will be the exact replica of the original cell, if you take drops of water and keep adding in a big container, it will get filled up, but still it will be water and not some other cocktail. so a single cell if it was lucky in the first place to have developed by chance, it could not have done much more than multiplying by division into many more such cells, so each of those cells would have exactly the same genetic make up, as simple cells just cannot have a full reproduction capability i.e. reproduction by mating with opposite sex to create a diversity. The first biological live cell could not have transformed into any more complex cell in the given time span of its life. So the first ever single cell just could not have been complex enough by chance to start reproducing through interaction between other different cells to create diversity. This clearly means someone is involved in creating the first life form, even if that life form came to earth from another source via a mete or some unknown object introducing it to our earth.

So then the question is how did the first single cell or the first organism knew or thought that there was light and it would reflect off the surfaces and that it needs to develop sensing organs for light (an eye) then it may be able to find its way around visually? it could easily have found its way around by bouncing off things or by a touch sense too, so how did the eye knew it needs to develop in order to see light? since it could not have seen that there was light in the first place!

2. How the heck did cells or organisms knew that there would be smell and so it needs to develop or evolve a sensing organ that detects smells? (nose)

3. Technologically we are now so highly advanced, we still have not managed to produce any artificial sensors that can smell various smells that our nose can.

4. same again for taste

5. Same again for touch, heat and cold

6. So why did evolution not find it necessary that our eyes may have been made better as there are other forms of invisible light like infra red? so why did it chose to leave developing an organ for this?

7. How did it know (evolving organisms) that there may be different colours? it could have easily see in black and white as cats do, and so if it figured out light was an electromagnetic spectrum way before Einstein, and that different colours had different wavelengths, then why did it not make receptors to receive infra red rays , we could then have seen in dark as well, and we could then have even seen many things through ultra violet rays.

8. so clearly this rubbishes evolution and indicates that there was a designer behind creation.

9. Why then did evolution not develop an organ that determines what is good for us and what is not, like we cannot smell carbon monoxide and it is a colourless and odourless gas, but sure it could have developed an organ that detected it same as we have co detectors which work on chemical reaction and change the colour of certain crystal compound.

10. as the first simple cell did not even have any brain, so it could not have thought or worked out that it needed to survive, so the fact is it would not have evolved into a more complex cell to form more complex organisms, so when a single cell came into being and after a while it would then die, that would be it, single cells would come and then die, not evolve, their life would be so short, that would have been the routine, unless someone interfered with them and engineered them to evolve, hence a creator, otherwise it would have not developed further, as there would be no logical reason for it to think that it needs to evolve to survive, so evolution goes out for me! I never bought it in the first place.

If you studied biology and chemistry, human and animal anatomy is so complex, that one can clearly see we cannot even create artificial biological organs from scratch other than by stem cells, and there must obviously be a designer behind this complex biological beings and all other creation.
Forget the organs, we cannot even create artificial or synthetic blood that carries oxygen, I put my trust in a company and bought shares that claimed to have developed artificial blood and is undergoing trial, a few patients died and I lost every penny as the shares collapsed, (Check Northfield laboratories inc) my $3000 shares went down to $100 and I told them to stick it up their backside

A creator or the Master Designer would design and produce one pair (male and female) species, study it, and see what it lacks, then come up with a next version a little better, improved, and then another version with some design elements borrowed from a previous design, and newer elements added, just as we design our cars, you can see how our cars are all based on same principle, 4 wheels, (3 wheels of you were MR Robin designer) steering wheel, gearbox, engine, but body shapes evolve with some prominent features from earlier model, engines improved to last longer and produce more for less fuel, so Mr Charles darwin thought we emerged from Apes, we did not our creator the master designer shaped us slowly, He thought our tail is no longer needed, so he cropped it off, and thought we could do with a bit more sense, gave us bigger brain, that He hoped that we could find that very useful in working out where we came from, but I am sure he must have been highly disappointed!

Of course at one time when he ended up creating dinosaurs, he was very disappointed and they stuck out on earth like a sore thumb! not what he really wanted, so he wiped cleaned the slate and started again a fresh,

and he continued designing smaller and better creatures, and his earlier species continued to reproduce since he had implemented reproduction system so that he only had to create one master piece himself then the rest will just copy the master DNA and multiply and save him creating each and everyone of us one at a time, so that reproduction meant older species were still multiplying whilst he was busy designing or modifying the next species, he allowed predecessors to continue to multiply, and later on interbreeding between older species and newer species meant even more diversity, and automatically without his further input, more and more different species could be created all automatically without him designing each new species, all the work of that Smart Master Designer!

Of course he created the universe first, laid its rules, and all species must live within these rules and if we deviate, we bear its fruit, if we drink dirty water then we or our children suffer from worms coming out of their eyes, if we have unprotected sex with different partners many ridden with sexual problems, and as germs can interbreed and create different germs (mutate) we now have HIV, and we curse our creator for what for our promiscuity.

easy to blame God when we are the culprits and control our destiny. God created us and left us to deal with problems ourselves, he ain't going to spoon feed each and everyone of us, get out there and work and earn your own bread, if you are to survive, steal or kill someone, then bear the full force of the human law. Just as well he made humans a little intelligent to be just fair to all.

And quote possible, children getting cancers, which can be caused by many things such as parents taking drugs, biologically incompatible partners, causes untold health problems to their children, who if survive pass on their genetic make up and problems also diversify, don't blame God for this. we know this already how some diseases are passed on when parents have certain traits in their DNA.

So now my friends, you guys will need to go to Churches at some stage in your life, to find out the truth, because you have been lied upon lied and taught wrongly the theory of Evolution, which clearly has no place in schools, to deter you to be religiously minded and to think for your selves and reason, for yourselves, you just accepted what Evolution taught you wrongly, and search your own mind and discover the truth for yourself, you will see God in your inner mind, very few people have the ability to see the presence of God in their inner mind, I am still working at it and I am sure one day I will be able to see Him, already I know he must exists without a shadow of doubt.

The only instrument capable of seeing Him is your inner mind through realisation. If you lack this ability you won't ever see him, because same as you cannot see distant objects without a telescope, to see God you need a different kind of instrument and you need to know how to use it, so get training at your local church, this is where Islam is exceeding in achievement and you are always moaning about Muslims as every other thread on here is about Muslims now! Somehow you followed an old insane atheist and lost your path to discovering the ultimate truth.

I haven't read all of that, just enough to know that you just don't get survival of the fittest do you mike.

I haven't read all of that, just enough to know that you just don't get survival of the fittest do you mike.
I kind of agree. There is recent evidence of animals adapting and evolving to suit certain conditions, so evolution is hardly a best kept secret.

However, the conditions that occurred to initiate the first life form have yet to be replicated and is still a mystery.

However, the conditions that occurred to initiate the first life form have yet to be replicated and is still a mystery.
It's much easier to assign responsibility for that to some mysterious deity than it is to actually find out what happened thousands of millions of years ago. That's why primitive people from all over the world have done just that since the dawn of man.
Science has made great strides in the last century or so, to a point where it is now conceivable to think that the truth may one day be uncovered.
When that happens there will be no real need for religions, apart from as they are now, a prop for the feeble minded.
Of course if some brainy person comes up with conclusive proof of how we all come to be here religions will either change the story around a bit to accommodate it or ignore it completely, like a chid sitting in the corner with both eyes closed, fingers in his ears and humming loudly.

• Thanks

Mike doesn't need to get it...this is stream of consciousness at its finest.
It's not meant to be logical or adhere to facts t, that would only ruin it.

I think it's a bit like the Book of Revelation, very entertaining but a bit mad.

BTW Mike; scientists have printed artificial DNA, inserted it in cells and they function.
If you don't know the difference between cells and molecules, probably best not to even attempt to understand how evolution works.

But keep it going, maybe some day these posts will be gathered up and be part of the Really New Testament : Mike's Letter to the General Discussionists.

So many mislead souls here mislead by Mr C Darwin. :cry: and Prf. S Hawkins, who claims the universe and us came from Nothing, and also he claims that if Aliens did come we would be in trouble, at least someone believes that there exists life elsewhere.

If we take evolution then tell me
1. how does a simple single cell evolve? It just cannot evolve, it may grow and divide, and multiply, and produce more cells but all those cells will be the exact replica of the original cell, if you take drops of water and keep adding in a big container, it will get filled up, but still it will be water and not some other cocktail. so a single cell if it was lucky in the first place to have developed by chance, it could not have done much more than multiplying by division into many more such cells, so each of those cells would have exactly the same genetic make up, as simple cells just cannot have a full reproduction capability i.e. reproduction by mating with opposite sex to create a diversity. The first biological live cell could not have transformed into any more complex cell in the given time span of its life. So the first ever single cell just could not have been complex enough by chance to start reproducing through interaction between other different cells to create diversity. This clearly means someone is involved in creating the first life form, even if that life form came to earth from another source via a mete or some unknown object introducing it to our earth.

So then the question is how did the first single cell or the first organism knew or thought that there was light and it would reflect off the surfaces and that it needs to develop sensing organs for light (an eye) then it may be able to find its way around visually? it could easily have found its way around by bouncing off things or by a touch sense too, so how did the eye knew it needs to develop in order to see light? since it could not have seen that there was light in the first place!

2. How the heck did cells or organisms knew that there would be smell and so it needs to develop or evolve a sensing organ that detects smells? (nose)

3. Technologically we are now so highly advanced, we still have not managed to produce any artificial sensors that can smell various smells that our nose can.

4. same again for taste

5. Same again for touch, heat and cold

6. So why did evolution not find it necessary that our eyes may have been made better as there are other forms of invisible light like infra red? so why did it chose to leave developing an organ for this?

7. How did it know (evolving organisms) that there may be different colours? it could have easily see in black and white as cats do, and so if it figured out light was an electromagnetic spectrum way before Einstein, and that different colours had different wavelengths, then why did it not make receptors to receive infra red rays , we could then have seen in dark as well, and we could then have even seen many things through ultra violet rays.

8. so clearly this rubbishes evolution and indicates that there was a designer behind creation.

9. Why then did evolution not develop an organ that determines what is good for us and what is not, like we cannot smell carbon monoxide and it is a colourless and odourless gas, but sure it could have developed an organ that detected it same as we have co detectors which work on chemical reaction and change the colour of certain crystal compound.

10. as the first simple cell did not even have any brain, so it could not have thought or worked out that it needed to survive, so the fact is it would not have evolved into a more complex cell to form more complex organisms, so when a single cell came into being and after a while it would then die, that would be it, single cells would come and then die, not evolve, their life would be so short, that would have been the routine, unless someone interfered with them and engineered them to evolve, hence a creator, otherwise it would have not developed further, as there would be no logical reason for it to think that it needs to evolve to survive, so evolution goes out for me! I never bought it in the first place.

If you studied biology and chemistry, human and animal anatomy is so complex, that one can clearly see we cannot even create artificial biological organs from scratch other than by stem cells, and there must obviously be a designer behind this complex biological beings and all other creation.
Forget the organs, we cannot even create artificial or synthetic blood that carries oxygen, I put my trust in a company and bought shares that claimed to have developed artificial blood and is undergoing trial, a few patients died and I lost every penny as the shares collapsed, (Check Northfield laboratories inc) my $3000 shares went down to $100 and I told them to stick it up their backside

A creator or the Master Designer would design and produce one pair (male and female) species, study it, and see what it lacks, then come up with a next version a little better, improved, and then another version with some design elements borrowed from a previous design, and newer elements added, just as we design our cars, you can see how our cars are all based on same principle, 4 wheels, (3 wheels of you were MR Robin designer) steering wheel, gearbox, engine, but body shapes evolve with some prominent features from earlier model, engines improved to last longer and produce more for less fuel, so Mr Charles darwin thought we emerged from Apes, we did not our creator the master designer shaped us slowly, He thought our tail is no longer needed, so he cropped it off, and thought we could do with a bit more sense, gave us bigger brain, that He hoped that we could find that very useful in working out where we came from, but I am sure he must have been highly disappointed!

Of course at one time when he ended up creating dinosaurs, he was very disappointed and they stuck out on earth like a sore thumb! not what he really wanted, so he wiped cleaned the slate and started again a fresh,

and he continued designing smaller and better creatures, and his earlier species continued to reproduce since he had implemented reproduction system so that he only had to create one master piece himself then the rest will just copy the master DNA and multiply and save him creating each and everyone of us one at a time, so that reproduction meant older species were still multiplying whilst he was busy designing or modifying the next species, he allowed predecessors to continue to multiply, and later on interbreeding between older species and newer species meant even more diversity, and automatically without his further input, more and more different species could be created all automatically without him designing each new species, all the work of that Smart Master Designer!

Of course he created the universe first, laid its rules, and all species must live within these rules and if we deviate, we bear its fruit, if we drink dirty water then we or our children suffer from worms coming out of their eyes, if we have unprotected sex with different partners many ridden with sexual problems, and as germs can interbreed and create different germs (mutate) we now have HIV, and we curse our creator for what for our promiscuity.

easy to blame God when we are the culprits and control our destiny. God created us and left us to deal with problems ourselves, he ain't going to spoon feed each and everyone of us, get out there and work and earn your own bread, if you are to survive, steal or kill someone, then bear the full force of the human law. Just as well he made humans a little intelligent to be just fair to all.

And quote possible, children getting cancers, which can be caused by many things such as parents taking drugs, biologically incompatible partners, causes untold health problems to their children, who if survive pass on their genetic make up and problems also diversify, don't blame God for this. we know this already how some diseases are passed on when parents have certain traits in their DNA.

So now my friends, you guys will need to go to Churches at some stage in your life, to find out the truth, because you have been lied upon lied and taught wrongly the theory of Evolution, which clearly has no place in schools, to deter you to be religiously minded and to think for your selves and reason, for yourselves, you just accepted what Evolution taught you wrongly, and search your own mind and discover the truth for yourself, you will see God in your inner mind, very few people have the ability to see the presence of God in their inner mind, I am still working at it and I am sure one day I will be able to see Him, already I know he must exists without a shadow of doubt.

The only instrument capable of seeing Him is your inner mind through realisation. If you lack this ability you won't ever see him, because same as you cannot see distant objects without a telescope, to see God you need a different kind of instrument and you need to know how to use it, so get training at your local church, this is where Islam is exceeding in achievement and you are always moaning about Muslims as every other thread on here is about Muslims now! Somehow you followed an old insane atheist and lost your path to discovering the ultimate truth.
Ah, so you're a UKIP voter.

Stream of utter sh*te more like.
The bit where he blames people themselves for drinking dirty water and getting river blindness is particularly reprehensible.
Don't you realise that people will only drink dirty water when they have no alternative, or do you think they all have hot and cold taps like us?
When you come out with sh*te like that you cross the line from harmless idiot to despicable imbecile. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

as germs can interbreed and create different germs (mutate) we now have HIV

Ahh but,,, if you believe in God, then you'd have to accept that mutations are created by that same God. No doubt religious freaks will tell us that "This is God's way of testing us." (the usual excuse they come out with, for all natural and man made disasters/illnesses)

Why would God make something that could mutate in the first place, then become a danger to man? (please don't tell me it's as a warning to mankind to change it's ways) ;) ;)

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Back