Golf - a wonderful game or a waste of a walk?

Your view on golf

• Golf - I love it, it's great

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Golf - Pah, what a waste

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As someone born(raised and educated) in the home of golf and a 4th generation St Andrean I'm an avid hater of the game....
If in another 20-30yrs I'm too disabled or unfit to do some proper EXERCISE related sport(running/kayaking/cycling even walking the hills) I may take up this recreational pastime for fat drunken snobs in bad clothes, but not while I'm fit enough to do something far better....

It's criminal enough that they televise this boring pish(and darts and snooker) on the Beeb but ignore road cycling etc, but as for the actual game Robin Williams summed it up brilliantly in this(it is very funny...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBOOmtXVN5U&feature=related

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Brilliant ABC, you gave me the best laugh of the day there. Referring to golf as boring pish and then running your comparison as..... Road Cycling... oooh my spine tingles every time I see those lycra clad fellows slog it out pedalling along the.... well, along the road. Like I see people do several times on my way to work each day.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Classic.

At least we don't see golfers wearing skin tight lycra, on the links (although I'd like to see the LPGA , enforce the wearing of such attire at their events) ;) ;) ;)

Just imagine Natalie Gulbis in lycra. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
That thought will be with you all day now Djinkon ( I know it's with me) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Natalie Gulbis AND Michelle Wie in Lycra... That's the thought that's with me all day now...

Thanks JJ :D

Here's a thought to put you off,,,,, Laura Davies, in lycra and fishnet stockings. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Gave up trying to play golf, I'm useless at it and don't have the patience. My problem being that i cant hit the ball. Guess I lack the necessary hand eye co-ordination. :cry:

It's criminal enough that they televise this boring pish(and darts and snooker) on the Beeb but ignore road cycling /b]

and you say golfers wear bad clothes lol!! personally I'd rather watch paint dry than watch people riding a push bike, same with athletics, cricket, tennis, oh god hours of bloody boring olympics to look forward to this summer, now that is a load of pish!!

As someone born(raised and educated) in the home of golf and a 4th generation St Andrean I'm an avid hater of the game....
If in another 20-30yrs I'm too disabled or unfit to do some proper EXERCISE related sport(running/kayaking/cycling even walking the hills) I may take up this recreational pastime for fat drunken snobs in bad clothes, but not while I'm fit enough to do something far better....

It's criminal enough that they televise this boring pish(and darts and snooker) on the Beeb but ignore road cycling etc, but as for the actual game Robin Williams summed it up brilliantly in this(it is very funny...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBOOmtXVN5U&feature=related

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Another ego humiliated because of the lack of intense skill needed to play a difficult game. Lack of nerve maybe....?

Golf is one of the most envied sports regarding corporate sponsorship. Get used to seeing it on tele dear boy.

I think it's probably THE most difficult game in the world to play reasonably well for amateurs
Trying to hit a tiny ball in the right direction with a big long stick, no wonder the likes of abc get frustrated.

it is indeed a difficult game, but its also, very boring if you don't have the ability to play it (which I don't) But its still really boring to watch on tele.

Donald Trump on the tv...epitomises what fat useless d*cks do for a pastime....golf....that and try and dictate energy policy to a national government!
It's just a purely sh*te game on every level. I can't think of anything duller than paying an annual fee to some poxy elitist club(most of them are, with their "freemason-esque" pathetic hierarchies within and silly dress and conduct codes) to play the same holes over and over and over again.
What a lack of imagination golfers must have? Only slightly higher on the intelligence level than anglers- more fat stupid wealthy snobs prepared to pay hundreds of pounds a day to try and trick a fish that hasn't evolved in millions of years out of the water...yawn...

DJNikon, you live on the edge of the Ochils(Pools or Yetts?)- there's no reason for you to sell yourself short with that cr*p game, you've a massive playground outside your door! ;) ;) ;)

It is of course up to the individual what they do with their free time, here endeth the lecture!!!!!

Donald Trump on the tv...epitomises what fat useless d*cks do for a pastime....golf....that and try and dictate energy policy to a national government!

Donald isn't so much dictating , rather he's pointed out the rather large investment he's brought to an impoverished region. Do you really think that Scotland will be 100% reliant on wind energy by the year 2050? I certainly don't (although if they connected a heat exchanger to Alex Salmond's mouth, they'd have enough left over to sell abroad, the amount of hot air he speaks every time he opens his big fat gob) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back