Golf - a wonderful game or a waste of a walk?

Your view on golf

• Golf - I love it, it's great

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Golf - Pah, what a waste

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ABC, Yetts. Well 15 mins south in Saline. Yep there is a big playground up here, and I utilise it. Walking in Dunning glen and up Hunter's Ridge. But golf allows me to combine walking in the beautiful hills with something that requires my mind to be functioning.
You say it's the same holes over and over, not really not unless you hit exactly the same shots time and again. So you will have different approaches, different pin positions, conditions change.
Oh and I don't always play there, other clubs have opens and my mates are membered all over Fife.
And as for elitist, I do not think I am anywhere near being elitist nor is my club, full of working men and women a nicer bunch you couldn't hope to meet.

Sponsored Links
Scotland has the best potential of any European country to be a leader in renewables- not sure about wind, especially ruining areas of beauty both inland and coastal, but the unseen tidal potential which is constant and dependable is massive around the Pentland Firth/Cape Wrath and all the west coast bottlenecks up through the isles.

I'm just grinning though watching that fat yank squirm that his elitist "investment" (or more accurately, attempt at gentrification) for which a few hundred locals desperate for a garbage minimum wage service job (catering for this despicable odious elite clientele of Trump now that the fishing industry has been scuppered) is on the line and he can't use his bully boy tactics with the SNP govt!!
Investment in renewables will bring in far more wealth and investment long term than this poxy course will....

Ahh but ABC, your forgetting what Alex Salmond considers renewable energy. Massive offshore wind farms. A technology already proven , not to supply electricity when it's actually wanted. He's so short sighted, even Specsavers would struggle to prescribe some rose tinted glasses for him. ;) ;) ;)

If Mr Trump hadn't built his GC where he did,, what exactly would the locals do for employment?? Or would you prefer they were a burden on an Independent Scotland's resources and economy?

Still, I digress from the original topic,, Golf is a great game and Scotland in particular should be proud of gowf's rich history, forever associated with that proud country. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Another thing I forgot to mention about Muckhart GC is that we are actively involved with wildlife preservation and many areas of the course (out of bounds) is sectioned off by the Scottish Wildlife Science research group. There is a huge marsh/wetland area that's been developed between the courses too that encourages birds and insects. In summer, the original 9 holes is like walking in a meadow when you get to the top of the first hill.

Back