Good or bad decision ?

Sponsored Links
On its own, worthy of some sort of custody, but he had previous (trying to rob someone at knifepoint, according to the article).

Perhaps he'll stab someone next time, and get a derisory fine.........

I listened to the LBC show this morning that they are talking about.

They were comparing it to a bird egg collector that had illegally stolen bird eggs -he got 16 weeks.

its all a bit surprising.

Id never heard of a zombie knife before

Sponsored Links
Terrible decision, he should be made an example of especially with it being his 2nd knife offence.

I feel sorry for the police here, doing their job and it's still not good enough to keep the scroats off the street.

He spent six months in custody waiting for his trial which gets counted as part of any sentencing so that is why after 6 months the judge said he was allowed to go free.

Or am I missing something?

6 months for knife crime isn't enough. That's what you're missing.

And custody pending trial counting toward a sentence (the bit that comes after the trial) is a cop out for overcrowded prisons.

6 months for knife crime isn't enough. That's what you're missing.

And custody pending trial counting toward a sentence (the bit that comes after the trial) is a cop out for overcrowded prisons.

What are the sentencing guidelines for knife crimes?

He didn’t just have it in his possession either, he had a near miss on his bike and went crazy with the knife in public and in broad daylight. When he does kill someone no doubt he will make the front pages.

He didn’t just have it in his possession either, he had a near miss on his bike and went crazy with the knife in public and in broad daylight. When he does kill someone no doubt he will make the front pages.

Poor little man, didn't have a teddy, good boy really, human rights blah, blah. Don't worry I'm sure Khan will jump on this and see justice done :ROFLMAO:

Up to 5 years I think for possession.
He should have been done for possession with intent to kill or wound which could have got him a heavier sentence than just possession.
It is no wonder that knife crime is on the increase.

It's a confluence of factors - needs a co-ordinate a
He should have been done for possession with intent to kill or wound which could have got him a heavier sentence than just possession.
It is no wonder that knife crime is on the increase.

Which is how long?

What if he argued his intent was to intimidate and threaten and not harm? How many years is that?

Sponsored Links
Back