Good riddance tobacco!

Sponsored Links
So, some senior bod's are making it their aim for Britain to be a non-smoking nation by 2032.

]
Bring it on - in 2032 I`ll still be enjoying my half ounce a week - and flaunting a load of other laws too :mrgreen: I don`t give much of a toss now - let them lock up a 78 year old man in `32 :LOL:

All well and great Noseall, but where are the government going to get the shortfall of £12bn from ??
There won't be any shortfall, whatever they spend money on instead of smoking is taxable anyway.

Sponsored Links
Cant argue with your facts and I cannot do anything about them by myself but I do have a choice of wether I smoke or not

That is the point, your choice, not dictated too by a bunch of control freaks. which is the road gov dot con is leading us slow but sure.
I don't have a problem with smokers but I do when they blowing smoke all over me and including walking pass smokers to get in the pub or shop doorway and bus shelter, some or most of them couldn't careless about the non-smoker, they wouldn't like it if I start my diesel engine blowing smoke all over them!

However having said all this, not sure about the smoking banned, it's their choice

Before passing gas I look behind me. But I don't bother when I'm smoking :)

So do we legalise Heroin and Crystal Meth? It's all down to personal choice isn't it? Not up to the nanny state to tell us what to do. Let's legalise pedophilia as well. :rolleyes:

Try reading the post properly before you chip in with the sarcastic comments.

I said soft drugs, which of course any sane person knows doesn't include heroin or crystal meth.[/i]

They should ban alcohol before smoking!!!!
Why?

2nd hand smoke problem but can't see a problem with someone else drinking alcohol effecting me?

You ever been a city centre at 2am on a Sunday morning, its not the smokers that cause problems.

Only 2 weeks ago, my neighbour had her front fence smashed in by a couple of lads walking home drinking....this happens up and down the country all the time.

Plus, alcohol costs the NHS and society more than what smoking does.

Drinking in moderation is actually beneficial.

Drink also has a nutritional value.

Smoking in any quantity is utterly pointless.

So do we legalise Heroin and Crystal Meth? It's all down to personal choice isn't it? Not up to the nanny state to tell us what to do. Let's legalise pedophilia as well. :rolleyes:

I said soft drugs, which of course any sane person knows doesn't include heroin or crystal meth.[/i]

Or tobacco as it kills more people than all the legal, illegal, soft and hard drugs combined. Over 100,000 deaths per year in the UK alone. How soft is that? :rolleyes:

Or tobacco as it kills more people than all the legal, illegal, soft and hard drugs combined. Over 100,000 deaths per year in the UK alone. How soft is that? :rolleyes:

After many years of intense medical research- its a well know fact 100% of NONE smokers die.

But later and of non-tobacco related illnesses. ;)

2nd hand smoke problem but can't see a problem with someone else drinking alcohol effecting me?

Just wait until your either attacked by some drunken youth in town, or run over by a drunk driver. ;) ;)

Drinking in moderation is actually beneficial.

Depending upon what it is, yes.

Drink also has a nutritional value.

Carbohydrates.

Smoking in any quantity is utterly pointless.

Yup.

I think diet should be the first thing to be tackled. We are already hugely obese as a nation. It is costing the NHS a small fortune. If trends continue, we will be up the creek in 30 years time.

However, drink also needs tackling: look at the binge drinking culture, the resulting violence and the subsequent cost to the NHS: it's MASSIVE!

I stopped in April 1994. I have put on 5 stone since then. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back