Grandchildren!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Shutpa

Had my four year old grandson over on Sunday and as usual spent a lot of time with him and on this occasion, playing with his Lego. "Grandad" he says, "the hats keep falling off the people", the people being the Lego figures. "Will you super glue them on"? (He knows that I am a dab hand with the superglue). "You had better ask your daddy" I replied and when he did, my son replied, "Of course, I didnt know that they even had hats, but they could have made them better fitting". I then thought that the hats would look better with a touch of paint and when I put this to my grandson he was delighted. We spent the next 15 minutes painting the hats and then I superglued them onto the figures. They looked really brilliant and he was so pleased that I got a huge hug. "You're the best grandad in the whole world" he said and at that moment I felt like it.

Later when he'd gone home, my wife asked me to have a look at the towel ring in the shower room. I did, and discovered where the 'Lego' hats had come from. The two plastic inserts that hold the towel ring in place were gone and the same held true for our bathroom and downstairs toilet.
I dont know how he thought of it, how he got them out or how he got the rings back on. Maybe next Sunday we'll find out.
The moral of this story is clear. If your son, grandson, whatever, asks you to glue hats onto his Lego figures or soldiers check the bathroom towel rings before you agree. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
superb, and i bet you still feel like the best grandad in the world, the funny thing is, it is things like this that you will remember for ever, and will give the wee one pelters about in years to come :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for sharing with us Bolo.
Got 2 four year old G/kids ourselves and know exactly what you mean. :LOL:

Glad you enjoyed it :D , my friends at the bowling club, having met my granson on a few occasions, were absolutely in tears :LOL: . So will I be if I cant find replacement rings for the towel holders and have to replace all three :cry: !

Priceless............in 20years time your grandson will be 24,you will have changed your bathroom and the lego will be under a mountain of rubbish somewhere but this memory will stay with you forever

But for me, this bit sums it up....................
"You're the best grandad in the whole world" he said and at that moment I felt like it.
It would be great apart from the fact that Bolo is only 23 years old :eek:

"..............and I'll be 90+ using superglue to hold my bits together"!

90+ minus 20 = 70+ you numpty. :LOL:

Edit: Are you after the Guiness Book Of Records award for the most posts in a particular period???????????

Edit: Are you after the Guiness Book Of Records award for the most posts in a particular period???????????

Blimey, he's not wrong! :eek:

Recently been made redundant then JML?

Sponsored Links
Back