Gravity fed central heating..... Aghhhhh ! ! Can anyone help

Hi everyone :D
So sorry for the delay in getting back :oops: Have had to rip out the bedroom floor and joists etc due to rot. So have just had no time.
Thank you all so much for your replies, they really are very much appreciated.
I have done a plan and I hope I can get it to load as I've never done this before :rolleyes: So fingers and toes crossed.
I hope it will be reasonably self explanatory ? ! There is a two story part that has living room with same size bedroom above 5m X 3m. The bedroom will be divided at the end to give an en-suite. To the left is a single story area 5m X 6m, containing kitchen and bathroom.
I have coloured the woodburner in the living room, which will run up to the radiator in the bedroom (all rads coloured red) then into a coil in the boiler (coloured orange with woodburner expansion tank in blue). Through to rad in en-suite then down to rad in bathroom, onto rad in kitchen then under living room floor back to boiler ? ?
Any advice or corrections much appreciated.
Oh.. one other thing I should mention for the solar heating in summer. This will not be a conventional solar panel but a large black radiator attached to an outside wall, gravity fed to the other coil in the boiler with an expansion tank. Average summer temp here is 33. And will drain it down every winter. Any thoughts on whether I could oil fill this instead of using water as we live in a very hard water area ?
Ok here goes time to try the upload ?? [/img]
Hmmm don't know if that is going to work ? it doesn't show in the Preview ? Ok I'll add the link :LOL:

//www.diynot.com/network/Sunnydays/albums/
Ahhh now I've got it ! ! ! :D
:D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back