Green round window seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On some of the windows in our 10 year old house, there is a build up of green behind the black seal between the sealed unit and the frame on the outside. Also, water appears to be getting between the sealed unit and the seal.

I know that this is not going to affect directly the sealed unit, but is it a sign that the seals need replacing?
I assume that any water that gets past this seal can escape from the frame via drain holes in the bottom of the frame.

Sponsored Links
The green is algae - same as I've got on the glass channels of my 4 year old Fiesta window rubbers. Water will get between the outside gasket and the glass outer face- it's designed to do that - just drains away through the face drains or into the cill. If the window is north facing, the problem will look worse at this time of year.[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back