Greenstar Ri clicking noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello hope someone can help as Worcester-Bosch don't have a clue!

I moved into my new house a month ago and ever since I've had an intermittent fault with my boiler. The fault occurs when I turn on the central heating the boiler makes a clicking noise as if its trying to fire up.... but it doesn't fire up no matter how long I leave it. However if I turn on the hot water at the same time as turning on the heating the boiler fires up no problem.

Worcester-Bosch sent an engineer but sods law the boiler was working fine on that day and he couldn't diagnose a problem. Spoke to someone in their technical dept who thought it was a fault with external control panel but when I turn on the heating at the control panel the boiler responds with a clicking noise so how can this be?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Would hazard a guess that the mid position valve is not supplying enough voltage to the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back